Monday, February 11, 2008

see ya celebs :(




Some people at work were talking about Lent and what they were planning to give up for the weeks leading to Easter. I have always found Lent to be inspiring--how people are willing to sacrifice something or to work on something to become more Christ-like (I could be completely wrong in this analysis seeing as how Mormons do not have this tradition ha).

Inspired as I was, I decided this year I was going to give something up to become a better person. So this year for "Lent" (ha I feel funny saying that) I'm giving up celebrities. Now anyone who knows me knows what a challenge this will be, I'm always the first one to know what is going on in Hollywood--minus Secrest of course. But I feel that my time and efforts can be spent on something more productive and uplifting than worrying about why Nicole Ritchey is at a million Grammy parties and not at home with newborn Harlow. This will be a hard challenge, there are no questions about that and I'm going to need a lot of support from you guys! Although I do have all the support I could ever need at home. Blaine happens to hate celebrities and this nasty habit I have of being obsessed with them. I think he will laugh at the fact that I want to participate in Lent but be ecstatic and supportive of getting celebrity gossip out of my life. I actually can't promise it will be out of my life. But until Easter I will make an honest effort to forget my "friends" in Tinsel town. So for now, so long celebs!

6 comments:

The Frandsens said...

Way to go with givin' up the Celebs! Joy is trying her best not to get caught up in American Idol or any TV dancing competition this year... I'll be sure she knows about lent and maybe she'll join you to boost her new years reso. Nobody better be thinkin' I'm giving up watching House or Glen Beck!!

blaine said...

Oh I'm glad to hear that you also like House J-Dawg. Did you see the last episode when the were at the south pole?

The Frandsens said...

When was it on? I tried to watch it after the Super Bowl but Fox decided the After Show would be more important... (I know, I know...) So I waited for Tuesday and that was a 2006 rerun and then Friday was also a rerun! The House website now has this Friday scheduled for a replay of Freeze and then another rerun from 2006--I'm so excited--2 HOURS OF HOUSE! Joy and the baby may have to go watch some dance competition upstairs... haha

blaine said...

It was on after the Super Bowl (which, by the way, definitely takes precedent over House) it just started later than was scheduled. It was a pretty good episode, too bad you missed it.

Chana & Fred said...

You ar a brave brave woman.
I don't know if I could give up the celebs. Especially with crazy Britney on the loose!
Good luck!

emilyhutchison said...

I think you are making a huge mistake.