Saturday, February 16, 2008

utah state aggies all the way...


GO AGGIES GO AGGIES HEY HEY HEY!



Karen (Blaine's sister) found out she got in to Utah State this week! Congrats Karen!!! I'm so excited for her and a little jealous that she gets to go start the new chapter of her life in Logan. At least once a week I talk to either Juli or Sayward and we talk about how much we miss college!

Logan is where I like to say I grew up. Here are the "lessons/thoughts/firsts" that I experienced while at USU:
  • It's true what they say...you really do make the best friends of you life in college
  • You can survive a holiday without your family as long as you surround yourself with good friends
  • My friends became my family
  • First time I stayed up till 2 in the morning at the backdoor neighbors house and still made it to my 9:00am class {somehow}
  • I then learned the consequence of staying up till 2:00 and learned how to sign up for the same class the next semester
  • Paying my own bills sucks
  • It's good to make at least one friend that has a car your freshman year {thanks scratchy!}.
  • I felt loss
  • I found true love
  • I stopped worrying what other people thought of me...enough to be myself
  • I learned to step out of my comfort zone and make friends with anyone that would talk to me
  • I learned that laughing with my friends till the sun came up was often more fun than the parties we would go to
  • It really is important to go to class and hanging out in the hub was never worth missing class (well maybe once or twice it was ha)
  • I found once I applied myself I could actually do it
  • Trial and error was a big lesson for me
  • I learned that fighting over boys, petty things, who drank my milk? is never worth the friendship that is lost
  • Stubbornness gets you no where
  • Autumn in Logan is amazing
  • I found what my religion meant to me
  • Betos is ALWAYS worth the stomach ache haha
  • Wingmen are important {I still owe ya pooge}
  • The Howl is always over rated but you have to go
  • I learned what color True Blue was



There are many more memories and lessons I learned at school. I miss Utah State so much! I loved being an Aggie. I miss Logan too...I didn't really think I would miss that small town but I do. I know that it was time for Blaine and I to move on but it still hurts my heart to think about all the fun times I had at school. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go out of state for college and state a new life. I think if I would have stayed in IL with my high school friends I wouldn't have grown as much as I did. Karen, I'm so excited for you and I hope you find that Logan has become your new home as I once did. The first semester was a culture shock and a real challenge but once I opened my mind Logan/USU won my heart!

GO AGGIES!

8 comments:

The Frandsens said...

Yup! Logan is so cool . . . because it's in Utah! hehe (Jason)

Blaine & Erica said...

it's true J-dawg! utah rules!

Cabe said...

I'm glad you have a blog. Here is ours so we can be blogging buddies!

Caleb
cabediaddy.blogspot.com

Madsens said...

YEA!! Nikki will be so PUMPED to see your blog...she is a little slow in the technology world :) I don't think she will support your "lent" decision though - ha ha!

I am so glad to be back in touch! Yes, I am still holding down the CON for everyone :) and i LOVE logan like no one else!!

Chana & Fred said...

I completely and totally whole heartedly agree.
I miss being a student and having pretty much zero responsibility besides homework.
Oh and I love love love your new backdrop!

Madsens said...

Hey erica -

How did you do that picture thing at the top of your page?? Apparently I am not as BLOG savey as I thought! I love it!

Studly and Smart (& really good-looking too) said...

I hear ya! I love Logan and Utah State and although I knew it was time to leave, I miss it dearly. There is nothing like it anywhere out here...Also, I LOVE that you proclaimed your affinity for Betos. That alone is the reason why you are awesome!

Blaine & Erica said...

well Marques there are many reasons why I'm awesome...haha