Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I want my hour back!

In a land not too far from here people sit fully rested. This land I speak of is Arizona and I wish I lived there right now, because they don't have day light savings...which I happen to hate. Well mostly I hate it in the spring. I'm still trying to catch up on that lost hour of sleep. All the reasons/theories that are out there for why day light savings is necessary, have an equally good argument on why we shouldn't participate in such non-sense. Monday morning I felt like a little girl again begging my mom to stay home from school. Only this time I was begging myself to stay home from work...and I lost. I realized it wouldn't be worth the catch up work, smaller paycheck and Blaine being secretly disappointed in me. Even though it is partially his fault I was so tired yesterday. For some reason Blaine's clock sprung forward on Sunday and then back Monday morning. So he woke me up at 5am asking me what time my phone said. Oh Blaine, I will forgive you because I love you...but don't mess with my zzz's again!

I feel a little better today but I'm still feeling the effects of this odd time ritual we participate in. So after this post I'm going to bed! And for all of you Arizonians (or whatever you call yourselves) I hope you are enjoying your uninterrupted schedule! grrrr

4 comments:

The Frandsens said...

Me TOO!! I HATE daylight savings, and have been begging Jason to move to Arizona since Sunday night. He refuses to move there....so I guess I better find a way to get used to it. It takes me weeks to get used to the time difference.

erica said...

I know it just sucks! Well if you convince him to move anywhere it should be Colorado :)

Chana & Fred said...

I totally agree! Plus I'm in Tennessee this week so I went I really had to move 3 hours forward!! It was horrible!

Karen said...

NO NO Joy can't move to colorado...not yet anyways! :-) Daylight savings is the absolute worst!!