Wednesday, May 14, 2008

crazy little tooth

There I am lying in bed fast asleep dreaming about an earring in my mouth. I know...what kind of dream is that right? It was weird enough that I woke up in the middle of the dream to see if there was something foreign in my mouth that didn't belong. Well there wasn't anything in there, but there was something missing...MY TOOTH!

As noted in a previous post I had to have oral surgery and I now have a temporary bridge (aka a Marilyn Bridge). This bridge is to be a place holder until I can scrounge up $3,000 for an implant! While this bridge wasn't $3,000 dollars it was very expensive and I can't afford to lose it!

So my first thought was oh my gosh I swallowed it. I jumped out of bed at 3:30am and ran to the bathroom in a frenzy!!! Half alseep I tried to gag myself hoping that the tooth, with metal prongs on each side, would find it's way back to the hole in my mouth! I know it is sick but I was a lot more willing to have it come up that way then out another way! haha With no luck of getting it out I ran back to my bed and was feeling all around, I couldn't find the tooth any where. At this point I'm sure Blaine was wishing he would have found a saner sleeping partner to spend the rest of his life with. I finally had to turn the light on and there laid my expensive little tooth under my pillow like it was waiting for the tooth fairy or something!

Needless to say I'm very tired this morning and my mouth has a ton of unknown scratches inside of it! Who knows how that little tooth climbed out of my mouth, but I'm just glad I found it!

*I would post pictures but I think the story was graphic enough!

4 comments:

Bryan + Juli said...

Hahaha you and your dental drama! I miss the days of the "food trap" and all of your tools!

The Frandsens said...

Erica, we definitely could use some photos to help understand this posting! ha ha! You were just hoping to start saving for that permanent fix one tooth fairy quarter at a time...

Madsens said...

i feel your pain erica...i feel your pain :) i HATE teeth problems!

Remember how you got that tool stuck in your mouth during a root-canal and we all thought "how in the world does that happen?" and the dentist basically said it was a one in a million shot??? Then...it happened to me :) But not only was their one tool stuck in my mouth - he thought he would try to fish it out and got TWO stuck! man - teeth suck!!

emilyhutchison said...

Oh poor KS. This is a sad little story. Now I will share another Deb teeth story. One time one of Debs teeth just fell out, completely gone. Luckily she wasn't in too much pain, unfortunately this tooth was in the front of her mouth, everytime she smiled she looked like white trash. Oh, Deb.