Monday, September 8, 2008

Boycott MTV

Yeah you read that right...the biggest MTV lover of all time is ready to say sayonara to her fave station. I'm sure by now many of you have heard about the idiot MC that hosted the VMA's last night. Well I actually missed the VMAs, it was all about football and crafts at our house this weekend, but I sure did hear about the outrageous comments that were made by the British host, Russell Brand. First off who the heck is this guy?!? No one I know has even heard of the loser. Second, who does he think he is coming into our country bashing our president at a music award show like that! Needless to say I'm glad I did not watch last night's show!

Comments like, "I know America to be a forward-thinking country, right. Because, otherwise, you know, would you have let that retarded cowboy fellow be president for eight years? We were very impressed. It was nice of you to let him have a go. Because in England, George Bush wouldn’t be trusted with a pair of scissors" were just uncalled for! He also went on to promote Obama in an inappropriate way. Now I don't care who you are going to vote for come November that's up to you but I feel that there is a place and time for it to be done and a tasteful way as well...and frankly I would be embarrassed if I were a democrat after hearing this idiot promote my party the way he did.

Then he went on to bash The Jonas Brothers for wearing promise rings (rings that represent abstinence until marriage). Then makes fun of Palin's pregnant teenage daughter! Does he know how babies are made?!?

Now I know most media is very left-winged and we live in this great country that allows freedom of speech but MTV has taken it too far, and I was very disappointed!

Here's where the problem of actually boycotting the station comes in, one of my favorite shows is on MTV so I am kind of torn on what to do here. So maybe I won't go as far as to not watch at all...but I'm not the fan I used to be and I will only be watching one show on their station! I watch MTV for entertainment, not for trashy-mouth-Britt's political and moral views!

So for next year MTV, maybe try picking a host that won't hate on our country (which is ironic because I'm sure this fool is dying to be famous in America) and maybe someone that fans actually know and respect. NEWS FLASH OL' CHAP: You aren't going to win any American's votes this way!

9 comments:

Bryan + Juli said...

I missed the VMAs and it sounds like
a good thing I did... Who is this guy anyways I never even saw him before his commercials with Britney Spears.

Di said...

You said it right on. I watched the first opening of the VMA's and after this guy went off like that I had to turn it off. However, I don't think I am strong enough to boycott the Hills. Ha ha ha. Thanks for your thoughts!

The Veticas said...

Thought the guy was a total idiot too! What was MTV thinking having him host the show?!! I felt like a lot of people in the audience were annoyed by him too. Did you hear what Jordyn Sparks said about the promise ring comment. She made that fool look really stupid.

The Veticas said...

Oh Erica this is what Jordyn Sparks said when she was up on stage presenting an award......“I just have one thing to say about promise rings. It’s not bad to wear a promise ring. Because not everybody – guy or girl – wants to be a slut.”-jordyn sparks

The Lott Family said...

I agree too. We tivoed it and would fast forward him every time he was on. The awards were not good!

t and e said...

i agree 100%, he was a total idiot. i did watch it and trent and i were very disappointed with him. i mean seriously, i guess he is supposed to be a comedian in england, but non of his jokes were funny AND frankly i am sick of everyone making fun of bush. i want to see them even be president for one day. and i applaud the jonas brothers because nobody has any morals now days. thanks for your blog!

Morgielouwho said...

remember how you and Sayward would get mad at me for hating bush...

erica said...

yes morgan I remember...i also remember you were ready to disown us as friends because we wouldn't vote kerry!

emilyhutchison said...

Er. This guy is an idiot, but I don't know if you should try to make the entire Democratic Party feel stupid because he supports the party. I mean Heidi Montag is vocally supporting the Republican Party....just saying.