Sunday, October 12, 2008

mexican lasanga

This is one of my new favorite recipes!

9x9 inch square pan
2 chicken breasts
1 bag of shredded Mexican mix cheese
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 bottle of your favorite salsa
1/2 cup of sour cream
2-3 tortillas

Dice chicken breasts and cook in pan. (I like to cook mine with taco seasoning...adds a little more flavor).


While the chicken is cooking mix soup, salsa and sour cream together, this will be your sauce. Cut tortillas in strips. Put a thin layer of the sauce in pan followed by a layer of tortilla strips.

Then add another layer of sauce, chicken and cheese (I'm not shy with the cheese and I also didn't use the Mexican cheese because we didn't have any). Repeat this step and top with tortilla strips and sauce.

Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for one hour. (Tonight we were super hungry after church so I turned it to 400 and only cooked it for 30 min and it seemed to be fine). At the end add a little more cheese on top and bake until cheese is melted. You can garnish with olives, sour cream, etc.
Let it stand for 5-10 min so sauce can set. I obviously didn't...but remember how hungry we were after church? It's not the prettiest when plated, but look at all that cheese! Mmmm this is a super easy and really good recipe!

4 comments:

The Frandsens said...

That looks awesome! I'm going to make it tonight.

Chana said...

that looks sooo good!
I might have to make it really really soon!

Madsens said...

ben and i had it last night...it was awesome!! and SO easy :) thanks for sharing!

erica said...

Oh good I'm glad you made it Christy! See blogs are good for something right! ha