Thursday, October 23, 2008

thankful thursday

Do you ever just get in a rut of going to work, going home, paying bills, trying to keep up with your house, etc...I know I do. And as a result I get tired, run down and I feel like I have a bad attitude most of the time. I have so many blessings in my life that I should never have a bad attitude. So each Thursday I'm going to post things I'm thankful for, even if it's simply that my car started that morning or that I was able to eat breakfast before work.

Today I'm thankful for my calling in church. Last night we had a Young Women Auxillary Training and it was awesome. The spirit was so strong there and it really made me have a greater appreciation for the girls that I serve.

"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." -Buddah

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Marques said...

The World Series...ok, that is shallow. The fact that I am employed.

Karen said...

What an awesome idea. I am doing something similar... my institute teacher told us about it. It is called a blessing journal. I have a notebook and each night I have to write down at least two blessings from that day, and it has helped me be more aware of how lucky i really am! I love you!

The Frandsens said...

I'm thankful that you married Blaine so that you could be my sister!