Wednesday, February 25, 2009

cake cookies

My sister-in-law Karen is forever asking me to email her this cake cookie recipe. Well I'm a bad sister and for some reason never remember. And apparently I love blogging more than Karen since I blog all the time and never email her this dang recipe!
Ha Just kidding Karen I only love blogging a little more than you! Just kidding again, I love you more than blogging on your birthday and christmas. hahah

Most of you probably have this recipe already, but if not then take advantage of this post--they are freaking good cookies and easy! And since they are so good I suggest you bake these cookies and then give them away. Or you could be like Blaine and I and eat a whole batch and gain like 12 lbs (each. in a matter of a few days.)...woops!
Cake Cookies

1 box of cake mix
1/2 c. butter (room temp.)
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350
Mix cake mix, butter and eggs
Drop spoonfuls on baking sheet
Bake for 8-10 min
Let cookies cool
Put small amount of (your fave)frosting on flat side of cookie and top w/another cookie.

There you go...easy-peasy! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Karen said...

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Wow. I love you too eggs! thanks for it! I am going to make them this weekend! FOR SURE. I was actually just thinking about those the other day!!!! Love you! See you SO Soon!

blaine said...

Hey! I haven't gained 12 lbs!!

erica said...

haha oh sorry, blaine. i guess i'm the only one in the house who gains weight. :(

Bryan + Juli said...

Ok I know blogger isn't a recipe exchange link but I found a light version of this recipe so I just had to share it with you because I'm lame like that! haha

1 cake mix (any flavor)
1 (8 oz.) Light Cool Whip
Egg whites from the carton to the equivalent of 1 egg

Mix together, roll in powdered sugar, and drop on cookie sheet (drops of about the size of a walnut). Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
You can even use chocolate Cool Whip or a little light ice cream rather than frosting and they are supper yummy little cookies!