Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"classy girls weekend"

What I've learned over the years is when you get old you have to buy a plane ticket instead of hopping in your car and driving a few blocks to see your best friends. This weekend I bought a ticket and jumped on a plane to Utah to see my best friends in the whole wide world!

I don't think it's a secret that it's been kind of hard for me to leave my life in Logan and move here to Denver (ironically I was the one that kind of pushed us to move here...the grass is always greener right?). So after the holidays died down but winter was still here I felt like I needed to see my friends before I went crazy! After this weekend I feel rejuvenated and ready to give Denver a chance, which I'm sure will make Blaine happy. I realized that my friends will always be there for me no matter where I live and how many miles are in between us (cheesy? yes, do I care? no! ha). And while Utah will always have a special place in my heart it was good to come back to sunny Denver, a place that is feeling more like home to me.

“It’s a funny thing coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realize what’s changed, is you.”-Benjamin Button

I think I have changed, but I'm glad at the end of the day my friends are changing with me. I feel so blessed to be so close to my college friends still. We are totally the kind of friends where our kids will be friends and we will all go on family vaca's together! For a list of the silly things only best friends do on "girls weekends" check out Juli's blog!

3 comments:

Bryan + Juli said...

Oh I'm glad you quoted Benjamin Button... it's for sure one of my new favs. wish we had talked about that movie over classy ladies' weekend.

Jason and Joy said...

I'm so glad that you had a good time! Nothing like good friends to cheer you up!

emilyhutchison said...

Boo yeah. I love having a pic on your blog!