Wednesday, April 8, 2009

speaking of the jazz...

Jerry Sloan and John Stockton were inducted in the basketball hall of fame this week!

Stockton is the reason I love the Utah Jazz and the game of basketball. Watching the Jazz still doesn't feel the same without hearing Stockton to Malone.

I think I will forever be obsessed with John Stockton. In my high school speech class we could pick any person to speak on and of course I chose Stockton. My Chicago Bulls-loving peers laughed through my entire speech. I still carry Stockton's trading card in my wallet in case I ever meet him he can sign it. My freshmen year of college I sat in my dorm room and cried as I watch the last game Stockton would ever play. And my eyes welled up again when I heard he was inducted into the hall of fame.

So to the greatest point great ever, from your number one fan...congratulations Stockton! And congrats to the greatest coach ever, the Jazz will never be the same once you are gone!

"I think Jerry certainly deserves it," Layden said. "There wasn't a doubt in my mind he should be in. If anybody didn't vote for him, they should be investigated."

4 comments:

Marques said...

Well said.

Saydi said...

AHHH I remember this day in the dorms....nough said

Bryan + Juli said...

Good thing you married Braine so he can appreciate your love of Stockton... let's face it us friends just never could fully appreciate the love you had for him!

erica said...

Yeah you guys did kind of suck at supporting my love of the Jazz and Stock!