They are really easy to make (if you aren't me) here are the steps:
- Buy the right size straw wreath (I struggled with this but I think it turned out okay). The one pictured is an 18" wreath
- Wrap it with coordinating ribbon, but make sure you buy enough to go around the whole wreath...yeah I didn't buy NEARLY enough ribbon good thing Marilyn has a stock of ribbon. We made Rachel do this step
- Find really cute double-sided 4th of July paper. I messed this one up at first but then redeemed myself by finding cute paper at Michael's and took the ugly paper back
- Cut the paper into fours (6"x6")
- Cut each corner of the paper towards the center of the square but not all the way through (delegate this step to your mother-in-law)
- Fold alternating corners into the middle of the square and secure with a hot glue gun. Again this was a hard step for me and I kept gluing down the wrong corners!!!
- Once all the pinwheels are made secure them to your wreath with upholstery pins and voila you have the perfect 4th of July wreath
I promise this is not a hard craft, I'm just struggling with simple tasks lately!