Friday, August 7, 2009

fireflies


My aunt called me this week and said, "I'm just driving home from work and there are fireflies in the cornfields and it made me think of you. I don't know why I just always think of you when I see fireflies!" I told her it's probably because I thought they were make believe before I moved to Illinois and it was a magical experience the first time I saw them.

Fireflies were my favorite part of Illinois. And sometimes when it's a little humid out and the sun is just going down I search for them, but unfortunately they are no where to be found out here in the west!

Have a happy summer weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Jason and Joy said...

That is so cool! I have never seen fireflies before - but I sure want to!

Bryan + Juli said...

Don't worry I'm back online! (and have TV again... it was a rough few days moving) Let me just say I miss fireflies... All of my childhood summer memories always include fireflies and I think we need to figure out how to get them to survive the dry western climate!!