Wednesday, August 12, 2009

pickles pickles...enough with the pickles!

Being pregnant everyone just assumes you are craving pickles! Where do these wives tales come from? Because the thought of pickles right now actually kind of sicks me out. But I swear someone asks me at least once a day if I'm craving pickles.

So, I was a little disappointed today when my weekly pregnancy update email came today and compared our little baby to a PICKLE (comparison in that it's as long as a pickle now)! Ugh, enough with the pickles already! Of course it had some cheesy line to follow, "You're familiar with pickles, right? Your regular accompaniment to a big bowl of ice cream." No, actually that sounds sick! Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I want to eat sick combinations of food!

Despite the cheesy one liners and the ridiculous comparisons to food, I love getting these emails! I love seeing how our baby is growing week by week, it makes it so real! My heart just feels up with joy on Wednesdays when I see the Your Pregnancy email appear in my inbox! I can't believe how much I already love this little baby of ours, and I can't wait to meet it (and can't wait to find out what it is so I can stop calling it it!)
PS-I've been feeling it move all week! What a cool feeling!!!

5 comments:

Bryan + Juli said...

Haha oh man love this! Glad you're not eating sick things!

Karen said...

AWW. That is so cool that you can feel it move. :) AWESOME. It was so good to see you this weekend! You're such a cute pregnant woman! :)

Jason and Joy said...

That is so awesome you are feeling it move! 16 days left till you know what that little pickle is!!! We are so excited for you guys!!

Bryan + Juli said...

I think we just found a nickname for your baby!!! the possibilies are endless:
-pickles
-pickled egg
-clausens
-dill

just to name a few!!!

-Bryan

erica said...

Oh freakin little Bryan! Although I do like the sound of Pickled Egg! haha