Wednesday, August 19, 2009

t h r e e

I know this time of year blogs are filled with gushy posts about people's anniversaries. Well our anniversary is just as important so here's another one!
I love candid pictures-the kind that capture who you really are without the cheesy smile. Just natural interaction.

One of my favorite memories with Blaine is when we were dating...Sundays when we were dating in particular. We would spend all day together on Sundays and I would usually beg him to take me on a drive through Logan Canyon. We would drive for hours and Ben Folds: Songs for Silverman was usually the soundtrack to these mini road trips. We would cruise around in his old Mazda that had a fancy cd player and I would always change the screen saver to the swimming dolphins...he hated that one! :) Later it would be his new Land Cruiser, Spike, in which I would ask him to drive deep into the mountains so that we could hunt for the fall leaves just starting to change--he didn't mind this so much because he got to really test Spike's offroading skills. Sometimes we would stop off at First Damn and feed the ducks. Sometimes we would just end up walking the trail at Second Damn.

Dang, I miss those days!

I love thinking about that time in our lives. The beginning where we were starting to fall in love. It didn't matter back then what we were doing as long as we were together. It didn't matter what our friends were doing or what we may have been missing out on just as long as we were together.


Happy Anniversary Beez! I LOVE YOU!

6 comments:

Marques said...

Congrats! I sure miss Logan. Of course, I know a lot of people who took "drives" through Logan Canyon and stopped to "feed the ducks" at First Dam. ;)

Sayward said...

I love this! Beez better know what a good wife he has in little miss Eggs! Love and miss you guys

Bryan + Juli said...

I love that picture too you're just beautiful! Anywho 1 college degree, 1 move, and 1 baby on the way later the Turnbows hit 3 years wahoo congrats on all of the memories and milestones we love you guys!!!

The Hill Fivesome said...

Happy Anniversary Blaine and Erika, we love ya.

Bryan + Juli said...

I know juli already commmented but I also wanted to wish you guys a happy anniversary!!! The big three, not bad!!! Hope all is well! love ya guys.

-bryan

Karen said...

CONGRATS! WOO. i am so happy that you are part of our family eggs! :) I love you both!