Wednesday, December 23, 2009

36 weeks

Since being pregnant I haven't really had to buy many maternity tops (pants since week 20, but tops not so much). I guess it's because I already feel huge and then to put a maternity top on really does make all of those "are you having twins" comments seem justified.

So last week I was running out of the house and threw on my old trusty USU sweatshirt circa 2002. Well after catching a glimpse in the mirror of this hilarious sight maybe it's time I buy a maternity shirt or two!
I mean I know I'm getting big but it wasn't until I saw myself in this sweatshirt that I was like...dang girl you really are 9 months prego!!! I couldn't stop laughing, I still can't-I think this is the funniest picture ever for some reason! I don't know if it's the fact that it's my college sweatshirt and I'm sure that there were many of times bored in the dorms where Sayward would stuff her bra and I would stuff my belly (in this same sweatshirt) to see what it would look like when I got pregnant (weird I know) and now that vision has come to life. Or if it's that guy at church who thought he was so funny when he said, "how did that basketball taste when you swallowed it?!!" actually has me laughing now because that's exactly what it looks like.

I'm actually 37 weeks now and I'm sure I'm bigger! But at this point the unnatural form my body is taking is something you truly have to laugh at.

Speaking of 37 weeks, the baby is full term! He could come tomorrow and be a health bouncing baby boy! But knowing my luck I'm sure he'll make his debut sometime towards the end of January...I'm sure by then I won't be laughing any more!

3 comments:

Hillfivesome said...

You look beautiful. And no you don't look like a lady caring twins. I will send you a picture of someone who carried twins and then you are going to say wow, she is uglier than ugly and I look pretty dang hot. Merry Christmas

Bryan + Juli said...

hahahaha oh man love seeing you rocking that USU sweatshirt with the preg belly!

Chana said...

you are so stinkin' cute preggers Erica! i love it!

It really does look like you have a basketball stuffed up your shirt! I need your address so I can send you a little something!! email to me? chanaltaylorATgmail

oh and have that baby already!!