Thursday, January 7, 2010

nursery tour

When we found out we were pregnant, living in our little apartment, we had two options on where to put our baby. One being our enormous closet under the stairs or our office. We decided to go with our office to try and avoid people calling social services on us.

This room makeover has seemed to consume our weekends for the last six months. Hours of searching the internet, DIY projects, shopping, garage sales, etc. I made all my friends and family do all of the above as well (thanks guys!). Sad thing is I feel like it's still not 100% complete and I have a few more projects to finish, but since our little boy doesn't seem to be in any kind of rush to make his big debut I might just get it all done before he arrives.

So here's our office before it was transformed into a nursery.
And the after. Don't mind the poor lighting. Obviously the pictures would look better if taken during the day but I'm never home when the sun is out!

Don't mind the lamp cord, we plan to hide that...just another one of those things we haven't quite gotten to yet!
But I hope we get to that project soon because looking at it in these pictures it is sure bugging me!
So that's it. Simple. Clean. Nice. I like it. It's not exactly what I had envisioned (the blue in the bedding was hard to match and I ended up going with brighter blue accessories than I wanted) but I think it turned out pretty cute in the end. Now all that we need is a baby to go in it!

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Gorgeous. You're so talented. Any day now!!!

Sayward said...

WOW! Mama T this turned out GREAT! It looks so good. I actually like the brighter blue with the softer blue cause it makes the room pop a little bit more. You did a fantastic job. Kash will be a lucky little guy. Can't wait for him to get here already.

Hillfivesome said...

PERFECT

Brooke said...

I love the color combo, and am drooling over your rocking chair. It is perfect!

Kari Davis said...

Where did you get this bedding? And what is it called? I love it!

erica said...

Hi Kari! I ordered the bedding online, it's by Dwell Studio and it's called Motif Robin. It was actually really hard to find for a good price, and when I would find it I would get all the way checked out only to find out that it was out of stock! Dwell does have a similar looking set out right now called Owl Sky that would give you the same look I think. Best of luck on your hunt!

http://www.dwellstudio.com/designer-baby-boutique/nursery-bedding/owls-sky-crib-set.html

Jenna Lassen said...

what two colors did you use for the stripes on the wall! Love it and would like to copy : )

Jenna Lassen said...

what two colors did you use for the stripes on the wall! Love it and would like to copy : )

Jenna Lassen said...

what two colors did you use for the stripes on the wall! Love it and would like to copy : )

erica said...

Hi Jenna!

The colors are used are Olympic Quill (d16-2) for the room and the base of the stripes and then went one shade darker which is Olympic Stormy Weather (d16-3) from Lowe's.

Best of luck on your stripes and would love to see your version!

Lisa said...

Looks great. Where did you purchase the hanging lights? I just purchased the Dwell Robin Motif set on Ebay and love how the lights match.

Thanks!

erica said...

Hi Lisa! I can't quit remember the place I bought the lanterns but I know if was online for super cheap. This website seemed familiar, take a look and see what you can you find. http://www.paperlanternstore.com/evriropala.html