Wednesday, June 23, 2010

5 months

Hi Kasher!

Big news...you rolled over!!!  I had you on your tummy, you were getting a little frustrated and I told you that if you didn't want to be on your stomach then just roll over.  And you did it, good job listening ha!  But to be honest you did it so slowly that my reaction was a little delayed.  When it finally hit me that you just rolled over for the first time you and I celebrated with squeals and laughter!  Good job boy, I'm so proud of you.  Obviously this is a normal activity for a child your age but I just love watching you accomplish each milestone and it makes me proud!

In other big boy news you are starting to sit up by yourself.  You are still pretty wobbly and need supervision, but you are getting close.  I'm working really hard on this so that we can move you to a bigger car seat.  You are too big (already!) for the infant car seat but I'm not ready to transition you until you can sit up on your own...otherwise how will we do all of our shopping?!?  Also, yesterday Grandma Turnbow said that you scooted around 180 degrees on your mat!  I couldn't believe that when she told me.  You are on your way to mobility and we are on our way to baby proofing the house!

Although you can't quit sit up on your own you are still the biggest boy I know!  Strangers always think you are a lot older than you are because they will ask me, "Oh is he walking?" "Can he high five?"  I then explain that you are only 5 months old and can barely role over! ha  But looking at your 5 month picture you might be thinning out??

And as pictured above you have found your feet.  Anytime you see them wiggling you have to catch them and try and put them in your mouth.  Unfortunately your belly gets in the way of your toes actually making it to your mouth.

Not only are you developing physically but mentally as well.  You can recognize your cereal bowl and get excited at the thought of eating (hence the 21+ lbs right?), you love to play peek-a-boo and you sneak toys out of my purse when I'm holding you.  I don't know if those things make you smart or not but as your bias mother you are a pretty smart baby to me!  And you've really started to laugh a lot more this last month...sometimes for no reason and every time you laugh I can't help but join in!  My favorite memory from last month happened when we were getting ready for the pool.  I was blowing up your floaty and you were just looking at it in awe and couldn't wait to get your hands on it.  When you made eye contact with me for some reason we both just started spontaneously laughing!  It was adorable!  I love that you are now my little partner that goes everywhere with me and you are happy to do so.

Oh I could go on and on.  You are the light of our lives!  Every day you get more and more fun to play with and I seriously love you more and more each day!  I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father gave me such a good little boy that is so happy and brings us so much happiness!

Love you little boy!
Mom & Dad

3 comments:

Karen said...

Happy 5 months! He is such a handsome little guy! I just love him!!

Talmae Davey said...

your baby is MEGA cute :) XX

Hillfivesome said...

I love your little tributes to your little man. I have never met him in person yet. He is adorable and you are the best mom ever.