Sunday, August 29, 2010

7 months


Hey Kasher!

As each month goes by your personality grows and your dad and I love you more than we thought we could the previous month!  It helps that you laugh at almost anything we do and your smile is ten times cuter with two little chompers sticking out.

This last month your sleeping positions have entertained us greatly! One day you even turned 180 degrees in your crib.  When I went to get you in the morning I couldn't believe it!  It seems that you prefer sleeping on your stomach, well I don't know if you actually prefer this or if your just too sleepy to roll back over.  But the first time I found you on your tummy it scared me to death because your head was face down in your blanket.  I whispered, "Kash?" and you creepily popped your head up.  haha  I was just glad you were alive!  So now our favorite thing is to go see what position you are sleeping in.  A couple of times a week your dad and I will sneak in to your room and take a peek.  Your dad will say, "I wonder what Kash is doing," and I will say, "I don't know lets go look!"  I know we are weird but we get a real kick out of this!

Since you were born I've been trying to teach you to say momma.  Last week you finally started to catch on!  Well almost...when I say mom-mom-mom-mom you say bah-bah-bah-bah.  And the little face you make with it is priceless!  This too is a favorite of ours right now.  You are even starting to say da-da, but I don't think you are quit associating it with Dad yet.

Another favorite thing of mine is when I pick you up from Grandma Turnbow's.  Every day you can hear the door open and you know I'm there to get you.  I can hear your squeals before I can see you, then when I turn the corner you are practically bouncing out of Grandma's arms from excitement.  It warms my heart each day, and just know the excitement goes both ways!

You survived your first ear ache this month too, make that double ear infection.  You are such a good baby though it was hard to tell you were sick.  But I knew something was up when you weren't sleeping through the night, but the doctor wasn't as convinced.  When she walked into the room she said he doesn't look sick to me as you laughed and smiled at her.  But after looking at your ears she determined you had two ear infections.

You are rolling all over the place, sitting in high chairs at restaurants, riding in the shopping cart, graduated to a bigger car seat, squash is your favorite food, your hair is growing in as a mow-hawk, you have a weird obsession with remotes and you still LOVE animals.  We took you to the zoo this month and anytime you could actually see the animals you would giggle.  You are so dang cute Kash.  We love you so much, you are still the light of our lives.  There are hard times, like when you get fussy at night or spit up all over me at church and then pull my hair and put it in your spit up mouth...but I wouldn't trade those hard times in for anything!

We love love love you!
Mom & Dad

6 comments:

Karen said...

I wait for this post every month! I love reading them! You guys are such great parents! Kash is so lucky to have you guys!... and me too. HA. :) Can't wait to see you all!
I can not believe how big and grown up he is getting! He'll be walking the next time i get to see him!

Jason and Joy said...

Oh he is so cute! And I LOVE his hair! Can't wait to see him again. What an awesome family. Love you guys! Please give Kash a big hug from me! Guess you better give Blaine a hug from me too....ba ha ha ha ha just kidding! :-)

Jason and Joy said...

Oh he is so cute! And I LOVE his hair! Can't wait to see him again. What an awesome family. Love you guys! Please give Kash a big hug from me! Guess you better give Blaine a hug from me too....ba ha ha ha ha just kidding! :-)

Julianne Dewey said...

MOW HAWK!!! How does this kid keep getting even more awesome just when I thought he'd topped the charts?! I just love him and can't wait to see him in October... I wonder what he'll be doing by then!Probably saying Go Aggies...

t & e said...

oh my gosh erica he is just toooo cute! i could just kiss his chubby little body. i love how you take pictures each month, and i sort of stole your idea but i don't do the same clothes in the same chair (i'm not that smart) but i love watching him grow and just get cuter and cuter!

江湖无名氏 said...

Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.(Psalm 127:3)

May LORD blessed your children.