Monday, August 9, 2010

weekend wrap up

I work from 8-5pm Monday-Friday, pick up Kash from Grandma's after work, get home, feed him, make our dinner and then before I know it it's 8 o'clock and time to put Kash to bed.  Since this is our Monday-Friday routine I usually try and cram all my errands into Saturdays.  Kash and I run from store to store picking up things we need (and don't need), taking things back and trying to get the most out of our day.  Well this Saturday I decided to just hang out at the house Kash and just play!  It was so fun to just have a day where things didn't need to be done, okay so things needed to be done but I ignored them.  I loved it!  I wish every Saturday I could make up for the hours I lose with my boy during the week to just play and laugh together.

Saturday night Blaine and I even had the chance to go out on a date just the two of us!  Karen was in town and offered to babysit for us.  Since she's our favorite babysitter we didn't even think twice and took her up on the offer!  This was only the second time since Kash was born that Blaine and I have been able to go out just the two of us and it was so nice.  I felt like we were in Logan, working at ICON and dating again.  ha ha ha not really...

Overall it was a great weekend.  Which I probably needed to get me through this week.  Blaine is out on a hiking/fishing trip till Sunday.  In a way I'm kinda glad this trip is finally here.  It's all he's been talking about the entire summer.  He's been searching online for the best deal on gear, spending five hours in sporting good stores and wearing his hiking boots all around the house in order to break them in.  He even tried to wear them on the date, oh don't even think I let that happen!

Anyway, no pictures, nothing exciting just love my happy little family.

2 comments:

Bryan + Juli said...

Aw love this post! Glad you got some quality time with both of your boys!! :)

Karen said...

YES! I am so glad I am your favorite babysitter! :) I had so much fun with him. I loved when Blaine walked in with his Hiking shoes on... I laughed out loud just now thinking about it... and then I thought about turkey lips and I instantly started to laugh again...