Sunday, September 12, 2010

diy headboard

Four years of dreaming of the perfect headboard, weeks of planning, 1 year to actually finish it...and I FINALLY have my headboard up.

Last year I saw this tutorial on how to make your own headboard and wanted to make it right away!  I convinced Rachel and Joy that we should make these and they were in.  And boy was I glad they were because I was around 8 months pregnant when we made these and the girls pretty much made mine for me (thanks girls!).  All I had to do was take mine home and put the upholster tacks in it.  I was working on that task when I started having contractions and went into labor, and 7 months later (babies delay things) I finally put up my headboard.  And I love it!

I know I took a before picture but I couldn't find it.  So just ignore the sexy baby in this picture and focus on the fact that there isn't a super cute headboard. 

And here's the after.
Cute right?  This is seriously the easiest craft ever, when you're not huge and pregnant that is.  I bet the hardest part was measuring the wood and cutting it.  The results of this craft is one of my favorites...ever!  Thanks again Rachel and Joy apparently I need you girls to help me accomplish my craft dreams ha!!

7 comments:

Russellkids said...

I love this Erica!! I've been wanting a headboard since I got my bed 8 years ago! I'll have to get all the details from you and do this. I looks great! Btw...when you're getting crafty, will you let me know? I love to learn that stuff.

Bryan + Juli said...

This post made my night because that headboard is awesome and I'm totally going to make one and more importantly THAT PICTURE OF KASH! HAHAHAHAHA Pretty sure I want to put it as my desktop background! He has to be my favorite baby ever he makes me laugh so much I just love him and can't wait to see him next month.

Sayward and Lover Boy said...

It turned out SOOOO good! I Love your whole master bedroom and am officially jealous. I am a ways off on getting anything in our apartment the way I actually want it to be yet. :) Damn Pregnancy!
PS I am pretty sure that our bedding is either extremely similar or the exact bedding you guys own. Totally not on purpose!Who would have thought that Target would carry the same exact bedding years later!

t & e said...

i love it! i especially love the sexy pose your little boys got going on, he is so cute i just want to squeeze him!

Karen said...

Love it! It turned out so cute eggs! Nice work! I am with Juli.. I love that picture of Kashers! I can't wait to see you guys!

Jason and Joy said...

Ha ha ha I love Kash! I LOVE the way the headboard looks - so awesome! It was so fun making those together!

Brooke Magee said...

I love this idea. Did you hang the boards on the wall?