Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Kash!

Our baby boy is one today.  Last night when I tucked him in and kissed him goodnight I whispered to him that this would be the last night that he was my "baby".  Maybe I cried a little, ha.

As much as I've loved to watch him change each month it's hard to watch your baby grow up so fast.  My two best friends have had their own little babies in the last month and it's taken me back to the day Kash was born.  The first 48 hours was a whirlwind.  This precious new life was ours to take care of.  I kept thinking how Heavenly Father delivered him to us as a perfect little baby and now it was our job as parents to try and mess that up as little as possible.

While we haven't been perfect parents we sure have given Kash all the love we have to give.  And on his special day I'm not worried about his milestones or his growth chart, I just want him to know I LOVE HIM!  I feel so honored to be his mom, I love being his mom.  I love the sweet "love pats" that he gives me.  I love his laugh and his cheesy smile.  I love the excitement in his eyes when dad comes home.  I love peeking in on him while he's sleeping.  I love everything about him and feel, once again, so blessed to have this little spirit in our home.





Happy Birthday Bubs!
We love you!

And a special thanks to my sister-in-law Rachel who has taken Kash's pictures professionally every three months since he's been born.  These pictures mean the world to me and I wouldn't have been able to have them if it weren't for her!  Thanks Rach!

(actual 12 month post to come)

2 comments:

t & e said...

he is soooooo cute! I can't believe he is 1 already, that is just crazy. I love your posts about him and watching him grow from afar. he is lucky to have you as his mom! Happy Birthday Kash.

Bryan + Juli said...

Um i have no words just tears... ok i lied you know i always have words! lol I just love Kash and you as a mom and I'm so glad I'm a mom now so I can understand exactly what you mean by this post. Love you friend and happy birthday Kash!!!