Tuesday, February 15, 2011

our life right now

We finally closed on our house on Friday. I can't believe it finally happened. For the last 7 months we have been looking for a house. We tried not to be too picky. We wanted something in a good school district, something with a roof, plumping and electricity and within our budget...that's not too much to ask for right? Well apparently it was despite the "perfect buyer’s market". I won't go into all of the nightmare situations because they are behind us now and I want to leave them there.

But I will say a weight has been lifted off of our shoulders. This is the first step that we've been waiting for to start the process of me staying home with Kash. All along I kept thinking, okay we just need to buy a house and then I can stay home with my baby. Well just like everything in my life there's a different timeline than what I had in mind. You'd think I'd learn that by now, but apparently I haven't. But things are definitely moving in the right direction. I'm hoping that starting in March I will be able to stay home on Wednesdays. And eventually be able to stay home full time with Kashers.

While this has been the hardest thing in my life to date I have felt my Heavenly Father's love. I heard a common theme this last week either in church or through friend's testimonies that hit home, "You are exactly where you Heavenly Father wants you to be." I believe that to be true. I'm trying to continue to stay strong. I'm trying to still do my best at my job despite the fact that my mind always wanders to what Kash is doing during the day and how much I miss him. I'm trying to still be the best wife I can be, to come home and make dinners, do baths and find the energy to give Kash all the attention he deserves instead of my left overs from the day. I know that I'm only able to do this because I have faith. I have faith that God loves me. I have faith that He has a plan for me.

I know this was kind of a rambling post, a mix of emotions and churchy stuff, but newsflash that's who I am! Just a real girl, with real emotions and trials just like everyone else. And while I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason I also believe that we need to do our part. And Blaine and I have worked really hard the past three years to get a house and I’m proud of our little family and this accomplishment. Now we just need to make sure we can afford it…haha!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I know how you feel! I am in the same boat, and its sometimes hard to remember that you are where you are supposed to be... when you feel like its not. I love you and am so glad you're my sister! Can't wait to see the house!

Amanda said...

Congrats on buying a house. You are going to love being in your own place and being able to do your own thing with it.

Bryan + Juli said...

So excited for Turnbow Manor 2.0... And I'm so proud of you for the amazing woman you are and the wonderful mama you are to that little man he's sure lucky.