Friday, June 17, 2011

escape artist

Since my new calling Blaine takes Kash for the last two hours of church.  Last Sunday when I met up with the boys after church Blaine says, "Kash sneaked into nursery today."  My first thought was, that means you lost Kash, second Kash isn't exactly sneaky!

I guess Kash always plays in the back of the room during priesthood, I'm assuming that's the way he's least distracting.  When Blaine turned around to check on him (really Blaine should be telling this story because I'm just making up things like he turned around, maybe he walked over--I don't know???) he wasn't there.  He asked one of the guys where he went and the guy said out the door.  Oh and you just watched a 1 yr old leave???  To his credit I guess it wasn't his day to watch him.  This has never been a problem before because in the past Kash hasn't been strong enough to open the doors.  He's strong enough.

So Blaine is walking around the church looking for our son and finds him sitting in the nursery at the table coloring!  Who sneaks in to nursery?  I thought kids screamed, cried and kicked their way out of that place.

At least now we know Kash is ready and will fit right in. Just four more Sundays and maybe Kash will actually enjoy church?

and just because I love this picture of Kash 
Oh Kash, always up to something and making us laugh.  I'm just glad Blaine lost him in church and not Walmart, that wouldn't have been so funny!

4 comments:

SassAFrass said...

Love that story! And I agree its a good thing he didn't lose him at Walmart. You know he would have befriended an overweight individual on a electronic wheelchair and hitched a ride to the candy aisle.

Amanda said...

I am so glad that he likes nursery. When he goes for real church becomes so much more enjoyable. You feel like you can make it through sacrament meeting because he has his class to go to. I have till September before Colby goes. I don't see it being a nice transition like Kash.

Karen said...

This is one of my favorite stories of Kash Turnbow ever! ALSO you know I love that picture!

blaine said...

Wait a second...

I feel like I'm being portrayed as a negligent parent...

What really happened was I was sharing some high insightful comments with the Elder's Quorum and took my eye off Kash for less than 10 seconds and when I turned around I couldn't see him anymore. Before last Sunday Kash always tried, but couldn't push open the doors to the cultural hall so I had never worried about him leaving the room. The door to the nursery is directly across the hall from the door Kash pushed open. It wasn't like he was just roaming the halls unattended...sheesh...