Sunday, July 31, 2011

and finally....

...IKEA opened here in Denver!!!  I've waited a long time (almost 4 years) for this store to open and it did not disappoint.  I grew up with IKEA so it's not like this is a new and exciting store to me.  But lately I've been seeing cute/cheap design ideas on blogs and it killed me that I didn't have the same inexpensive options that my fellow bloggers had.  Well not anymore!

I wasn't brave enough to go opening day but I did go 2 days later.  I prepped myself for the Disneyland-like madness but it actually wasn't that bad.  Sure there were a TON of people but there were also a lot of parking lot attendants and police and I was really surprised at how fast everything moved.  In fact I was able to park right next to the elevator and there was only one person in front of me in the check out.

Kash also enjoyed himself.  At first he was in awe of the hundreds of people.  And then he was in awe of this train.  We spent 15 minutes at this table while Kash just said "choo choo" over and over again.  Needless to say that one came home with us!

A sucker did come in handy when the store seemed to never end.  But I was surprised at how good he was during our TWO HOUR trip!

We ended up with some good stuff.  Now I just need to save my pennies so I can afford to go back.  Welcome to Colorado, IKEA!  It's good to have ya!

2 comments:

SassAFrass said...

I have not been to Ikea in prob over a year! You make me want to go back and stock up on some cheap,awesome decorations though. Maybe we should hit up Ikea together? :) We'll meet in the middle. LOL

erica said...

sounds like a deal...I'll meet you by the meatballs haha. that's what you meant by middle right! :) seriously though we could spend hours in there together.