Friday, August 19, 2011

five years later

Today is our five year wedding anniversary.

Five years ago today I thought I knew everything about marriage and what it took to make it work.  Five years ago I was also barely 22 and thought I knew a lot about life.  Turns out I didn't know much.  And I know I have TONS more to learn.  But there's something to be said about being married for five years, heck I've never even lived in the same house for five years.  But what I do know five years later is that it's taken a lot of work to get to where we are at in our marriage now.  We've learned the art of compromise.  We've learned how to show love for one another even though our "love languages" are polar opposites.  We've both learned how to communicate better (even though I have a degree in the subject :) )  We've learned to let the little things go and just get over them.  

Blaine and I have really grown as a couple in the last five years and I think especially in the last year.  I'm so proud of us.  I think we have both changed in a lot of ways and put each other first.

I love you Blaine!
Here's a little montage (you know I can't resist a slide show of pictures set to music) of the last five years together, in no particular order, to a song we both love right now (I couldn't get your favorite part in there because we didn't have enough pictures, so just imagine us falling in love at ICON instead hahah).









2 comments:

SassAFrass said...

I am such a sucker for video montages! This one made me smile. Just love you two together. You are such a fun loving couple.Love you guys

Karen said...

Man I love you guys!Happy 5 years!