Friday, October 7, 2011

pinterest: pumpkin moss wreath

Pinterest has changed my life.  Okay so maybe that's not true, but it has enhanced it.  I've been so inspired on how to decorate my house, how to dress better, cute ideas for Kash, etc.  The latest "pin" that I've been obsessed with is a pumpkin moss wreath.  I already have a fall wreath but I couldn't stop thinking about this one and how much I would love it on my front door.  So I made it.  There was no tutorial attached to the pin but it looked easy enough.  And it was pretty simple, minus the fact that moss is the messiest thing in the world.  Good thing I did this craft while Blaine was away!
original pinterest pin
I was actually surprised at how well mine turned out.  Of course it's not AS cute as the Pinterest version (her bow is cuter, better pumpkins [I couldn't find ones as cute as hers and I thought it looked better with less--maybe I'm wrong on that one] and her moss looks a little better), but if you aren't comparing them side by side the Turnbow version can hold it's own.  It actually makes me pretty happy to drive up to our house and see that cute little wreath hanging up.

Oh and did you notice that black door my wreath is hanging on?  For those of you who are my Facebook friends know that I kind of went out on a whim and just decided one afternoon that I would paint my door black.  I was a little nervous but it turned out awesome and I love it!  It's little things like being able to paint my front door whatever color I want makes me so happy to be a homeowner!

First Pinterest inspired project turned out pretty well, many more to come I'm sure!

8 comments:

A Whit said...

Yours is way cuter!

SassAFrass said...

I actually think I might prefer yours a little more. Yes I do like her bow but I like your pumpkins better and how many you chose to place on their. Thank goodness for Pinterest!

Brooke Magee said...

How much would it cost for you to make me one??? ;)

erica said...

Brooke--haha I would be happy to make you one, I bet the supplies cost me around $25-$30 total. But I promise you, you could EASILY make this!

Amanda said...

I love the pumkins on yours better. You did a great job and I am way impressed.

Just Julie said...

When I saw them, I immediately thought yours was cuter!

Luke and Katie said...

your's is better! btw, what paint did you use for your door?

Stone Chic said...

I'm a new follower from Pintarest. I love making crafts only making them my way from Pintarest as well. :) Very cute.
Brooke
from: www.grantandbrookestone.blogspot.com