Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's the little things...


I swear making them this cute is for their own protection!
It's our goodbye kiss fest every morning as Kash leaves for Grandma Turnbows
I kiss Kash, Blaine kisses me and then Kash kisses dad, always resulting in an awkward face from dad
(sounds creepy but it's all on the cheek and I promise it's sweet)

It's Kash grabbing my cheeks to make sure I'm listening to him

It's Kash's sincere "sorry ma" after he's done something he shouldn't

It's Blaine's unexpected emails during the day that simply say "I love you."

It's Kash's developing sense of humor that keeps me laughing every day

It's laying in bed at night reviewing with Blaine all the awesome/weird things Kash did throughout the day

It's my Wednesdays off of work where I pretend I'm a stay-at-home mom and I play with my boy all day

It's Blaine working so hard for our family

It's my two best friends that are always there to make me laugh and make me feel like I'm doing my best for my family

I'm trying to remember it's the little things in life that count.  Lately things have been crazy in our little family of three.  We are still frantically trying to find a way for me to stay home, which means Blaine was been working extra hard which also means late nights and working on Saturdays. New church callings and crazy schedules. And we didn't think our life was hectic enough and decided to throw potty training in the mix.  This has made me an irritable, cranky, no good mom. 

So whether it's during my drive to work when I miss Kash terribly, or after a day full of Kash peeing in his pants, or Kash deciding that it's opposite day and doesn't listen to a single thing I say, I'm trying to remind myself of the little things.  Kash has grown up so fast in the past two years and I feel like my mind is often filled with what went wrong during the day instead of all the things that went right, I don't want to look back with regret.
via

In this month of gratitude I want to remember how blessed I am to have the life I have.  Blaine is an awesome dad and such a great support to me, Kash is more hilarious, sweet and fun than ever and Blaine and I both have amazing, supportive parents.  I need to focus on all the great things I have in daily life as we try and accomplish our bigger life goals.

**obviously I know that life is hard and many people have it much harder.  And in reality things aren't terrible for us right now, but the day to day things can drag me down and I've found for me it's so helpful to count my blessings each day so that one bad day doesn't spiral into a bad week, month, year, life.

2 comments:

Katie said...

thank you for this post! you are so right that it is the little things that can make your day so much better!
and yes, life can be hard(er) for other people, but this is your blog and you can say what you want! ;)
but really, thank you!

Karen said...

I love this! I have to do this too. I always try to write down 5 "little things/tender mercies" from the day! It has helped me, a lot! Life just gets away from us sometimes! Lets play soon! I love you! I LOVE that picture of Kash, maybe I need a copy?