Friday, March 23, 2012

baby (bump) update

This pregnancy has been completely different than my first!!!  I was so sick day in and day out with Kash for the first 8 months I wasn't sure I would ever be able to go through all that it again. So when the pregnancy test said positive I couldn't help but think of the puke filled days followed by pushing out an 11 pounder!  To say the least I was scared (maybe I still am).  What they say is true, ignorance really is bliss and so it was with my first pregnancy!

And I think, at first, all of that held me back from truly being excited about our new little babe on the way. That and our lives were so full with Kash I couldn't imagine sharing my love with any other child.  I definitely felt that it was time to have another baby but at our first ultra sound appointment I spent the whole time telling any nurse and doctor who would listen that I had a really big baby the first time and I didn't want that to happen this time around.  I forgot to enjoy the moment and realize that the little bean on the screen was our sweet new baby!  I forgot to take it all in and enjoy the process.

Well you know what happened?  I got a kick in the pants in the stomach from our new little baby!  It hit me right then that this was the real deal!  That this little baby was already a part of our family and he/she won me over right there.  My heart grew and baby #2 found a spot in there that I thought was already so full of Kash's awesomeness that there wasn't any more room.  That's all it took for me to stop worrying about everything and enjoy this pregnancy.  My doctor also told me something that at the time made me want to punch her in the face but now is oddly comforting.  When talking about Kash's birth weight she told me, "I know it's not ideal but the fact that you did it once tells us you are capable of doing it again."  I did do it and I would do it again for this little baby too!  I already feel that I would do anything for this baby the same way I would for Kash. 

I actually really like my doctor despite that comment ha.  She said she would do a 36 week ultra sound to check the baby's weight and she would be willing to induce me at 39 weeks.  All reassuring things for me to hear!

This pregnancy has actually been a breeze...as far as pregnancies go.  I was really tired the first trimester but I feel like I got my second wind and ready to do some thing other than sleep! I have felt really great nausea wise and haven't been sick but a couple of days.  But I do appreciate on my sick days that I have my own little Bob Costa giving me a play by play at the toilet like I'm performing an Olympic sport! haha 

And on to the baby bump.  I actually debated if I should post a belly shot or not, I just can't believe how much bigger I am this go around!!! And I'm kind of embarrassed at how big I am, but I want to document for this child the same way I did for Kash. I'm actually pretty close to my first pre-pregnancy weight but man those stomach muscles aren't anywhere close.

So here I am in all my pregnancy glory.  And yes...plan to see me in a maxi dress possibly every day this summer, although I don't think they do me any favors-they are comfortable and that's what counts! 
Yep, had to do another mirror shot since that's what I did with Kash!  Just keepin' it fair yo!
Here I am 15 weeks pregnant with Kash.  And to think, I thought I was SO HUGE then!
 

4 comments:

Gilstrap Family said...

Congrats Erica! You are so cutest preggo girl!

centauri said...

So happy to keep in touch on your blog. Congratulations on baby #2. We are excited to hear the sex of this one. Kash is so cute. Looks like his daddy. Best of luck with everything.
Love,
Mark & Mary

centauri said...

So happy to keep in touch on your blog. Congratulations on baby #2. We are excited to hear the sex of this one. Kash is so cute. Looks like his daddy. Best of luck with everything.
Love,
Mark & Mary

Dennis & Tara Larson said...

So happy! YAY! I bet its a girl! The way you have been feeling is exactly how I felt with Lydia plus you have been pinning a lot of cute girl stuff on pinterest! LOL