Thursday, April 26, 2012

taste of pinterest: crack potatoes

This little bun in the oven has got me craving potatoes (which is kind of fun because I didn't have any cravings with Kash)!!!  I've always been a big fan of the spud but these days I could eat them for every meal...mashed, scalloped, baked, fried, etc it doesn't matter what version they come in, I'm in love!  So when I saw a link for these "crack potatoes" on pinterest I didn't just pin it and forget, I ran to the store and bought the ingredients.

Crack Potatoes - sour cream, cheddar cheese, real bacon bits, ranch dip mix, frozen shredded hash brown potatoes.  YUM!
picture via.
I took my own picture but I really suck at photographing food so this is my best option.  And if you are anything like me I need a picture before I will make any new recipe!

I have to admit I had ulterior motives to make this dish.  You see, I'm really not so great at making Funeral Potatoes.  I know I'm surprised my Mormon membership hasn't been taken away from me (another secret I kinda suck at making jello too).  So I'm always on the hunt to find the perfect potato dish to replace the Funeral Potatoes.  Well, I may have just found it.  I still think I'm a little partial to the Funeral but that could just be nostalgia and the fact that I do like my religion and don't want to be kicked out :) but this dish is definitely up there.  And who knows put a little cheese and cornflakes on top and we might just have the modern Funeral!I actually did add cheese to the top of to mine and probably would have put some cornflakes on there too if I had them.  These were so easy and delish!  Although, I cut my recipe in half and I'm not sure if I half-ed the ingredients properly because it was a little salty, so next time I might not try as much of the ranch mix.While Pinterest has had some not-so-great recipes for me lately this one hit the spot and I highly recommend it!Whew...was that a long enough post about potatoes for you?  Here's the original link or the recipe if you are to lazy to click.

Crack Potatoes 
2 (16oz) containers sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 (3oz) bags real bacon bits
2 packages Ranch Dip mix
1 large (28 - 30oz) bag frozen hash brown potatoes - shredded kind

Combine first 4 ingredients, mix in hash browns.  Spread into a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 400 for 45-60 minutes.  


Bring on the spuds!  

1 comment:

Bri said...

This looks amazing I can't wait to try this recipe out!!! Thank you for sharing :)