Tuesday, May 22, 2012

23 weeks

(Ahhh please bless I get a new camera for my birthday!)  Big brother thought my self timer shots were hilarious and wanted in on the action! 
News flash I'm pregnant!  Ok, I guess this isn't news but this week I officially feel pregnant!  I'm so freakin' tired, my back feels like a truck ran over it every night, I'm getting leg cramps in the middle of the night, I'm HOT, I feel full when I eat half a sandwich, and this baby is starting to kick harder than I think he should.

But other than that all is well! ha  Really though, like I said before, I can't complain too much because this pregnancy has been so easy up to this point.  But it is getting harder to get motivated to get up at Kash's wake up call of 6:00am or earlier when I hardly slept the night before due to all of the above.  

In more fun news Blaine felt the baby kick!  It actually surprised me how hard the little guy was kicking.  And he's kicking me a lot higher than I remember Kash kicking me at 23 weeks.  I'm pretty sure this week alone the baby has grown at least a few inches and is definitely putting on the ounces!  I tried to get Kash to feel the baby but his little toddler hands wouldn't hold still long enough

We are starting to get the room ready.  I'm making a lot of the stuff going into the nursery so I hope I find the energy, time and creativeness to do it all before September.  But by getting the nursery ready I think it's really clicked for Kash that there will be an actual baby in that room someday.  Anytime he sees a baby he talks about how we will have one at our house or that I have a baby in my tummy.  And lately he's taken a lot more interest in babies and helping them out, fingers crossed this behavior continues when his little brother arrives!

3 comments:

Brooke Magee said...

1.) You are gorgeous 2.) How do you stay so tan 3.) Love the pants 4.) Can't wait to see your ideas for the nursery :)

SassAFrass said...

can I just agree with Brooke above on her whole list? and add..love ya E! and..we need to catch up via the telly. Hope you have some energy to have a crazy convo with me.

erica said...

Ahh you guys are too sweet to this pregnant lady! The tan is a result of going to the zoo, park and playing in the sandbox any time the sun shines. I guess it's a perk of being a stay at home momma! :) The pants aren't the perfect "mint" shade that I've been searching all over for but they fit my pregnant body and that makes me happy!