Friday, May 11, 2012

mothers

Per the usual I'm super behind on all the things that I want to blog about.  But I saw this video about Mother's Day and couldn't help but share it.

Yeah it made me cry.



I love being a mom more than...
watermelon
reality tv
crafting
graphic design
shopping
sleeping
friends
the internet
...and I really do love all of those things with all of my heart (especially the sleeping).

I love celebrating my mom, and Blaine's mom--both are amazing women/mothers in their own ways.  But now that I'm a mom Mother's Day is a reminder of how lucky I am to have the title of mom.  This video was a sweet reminder of all the things I love about being a mom.

And to my sweet, crazy, silly, handsome, sometimes sassy two year old and the sweet baby on his way: I'm so happy I get to be your mom!

Kash a few days old
I know I've posted this picture a million times.  But it's my. all. time. favorite. picture.  For me it sums up motherhood.  I don't even remember how we got in this position, or remember making the conscious decision to fall asleep (Kash has never officially slept in our bed) but I do remember being physically and emotionally exhausted but not wanting to leave my new baby's side even though my mom and Blaine would have gladly taken Kash so I could catch some much needed z's.

Happy Mother's Day

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I believe this is my first time commenting on your blog. :) I've been following for a little while now. This will be my first Mother's Day. My husband & I have a 6 week old baby boy, Cash. :) Good name! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Amanda said...

That video was beautiful! Thanks for posting it. It is amazing how much your heart grows with love for each of your children.

our little family said...

Ha, Ashley stock of little miss momma is my sis in law. Had no idea she was in a video, I'm awesome! Hope you have a great mothers day!