Tuesday, July 17, 2012

the celebrations

Well I have to let you all know after that last post that my friends and family didn't let me down and I had an AWESOME birthday!

The day started with lunch with some old friends, who surprised me with Better Than Sex Cupcakes....MY FAV!!!  I was planning on making the cake for myself that day but didn't need to after that little surprise.  And good thing too because in reality my house is hot, I'm pregs and turning on my oven wasn't sounding all too appealing.  And when I got home another friend surprised me with more treats on my doorstep!  Yes, another reason not to bake in the heat!
these cupcakes were GIANT and delicious!!!
First on the official request list was that Blaine take me to a restaurant called Cheddar's.  I had never been there before but heard great reviews and wanted to try it out.  It did not disappoint.  Blaine and I both loved our food...I had the pot pie he had the ribs.  Yes pot pie.  Odd, but it's one of my top fav dishes and one of Blaine's least favorite so I never make it.  I really do have a grandma sense of taste when it comes to food though...I'll blame it on my Muttie :)  But Blaine is normal and had the ribs and chicken strips and said they were good, so based on his review alone you should go try it.  This was also a much needed date just the two of us, also a birthday request.  It's so funny when Kash was first born and even when I was working I dreaded the thought of ever leaving him even if it was for a few hours.  But now days it's nice to just have a little time alone with my husband!

crappy phone pic...but I wanted to document the pot pie! 

When we got home I was surprised by Blaine's sweet family with a heart attack on my door.  I love little surprises like this.  LOVE THEM!  And it totally made my birthday.

Sunday we went to his parent's house for a little birthday dinner and celebration.  Blaine's mom was so sweet to fulfill my request of her yummy enchiladas and s'mores for my birthday treat. There are still fire bans across the state so we had to roast the marshmallows over the grill.  There were still awesome.
the bell and I roastin' some mallows! 

And to top it off every one in our family chipped in to get me the camera I've been drooling over for the last 6 months!
I seriously felt so loved by all my family and friends.  This birthday totally made up for the disappointing 4th of July!


2 comments:

centauri said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday. You look so cute. I'm sure you will be happy to get the next couple of months over. Good luck with everything. Love to all.
Mark & Mary

Karen said...

YAY!! Happy Birthday to you! I am so glad that you have a great birthday! You SOOO deserve it!! love you!!