Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kash 3 years old


Oh Kash,

So much has happened in the last year I don't even know where to begin.  It seems as if you are officially out of the toddler stage and on your way to being a big boy.  This saddens me greatly as I think back on your baby and toddler years but I also love who you are becoming and watching you grow and your personality bloom.

You are hilarious Kash, Dad and I are constantly laughing at the things you come up with. And you love being funny.  Anytime we laugh you ask, "Who's funny?  Me?"

I personally think, and I know I'm bias, that you are a great communicator.  For a long time now you have been able to clearly communicate what you are thinking and what you want.  Recently you have started talking in very long comprehensive sentences.  In fact some of the things you say makes me feel like I'm living with a 15 year old instead of a 3 year old. After I got home from church last night you walked in to the room (when you should have been in bed sleeping) and we had the following conversation:

K: Oh hi Mom I didn't know you were home.
M: Hi Kash, go to bed.
K: So, how was your night Mom? Did you have fun at church?
M: Yes Kash...now go to bed!
K: Ok I will.  Have fun with Dad tonight, love you.

Often times it's the fluctuation and ease that you speak with that makes our conversations entertaining.

You also started to get a little sassy with your comments, like when I tell you to "chill out" and you say, "YOU chill out Mom!"  Yeah that never goes over well.  Try that in 13 years and you won't be driving the car for a month.

Our days are filled with preschool, play group, date nights, library trips, play dates...all are fun and you look forward to being with your friends.  But my favorite part of our days are when I hear you in the other room playing by yourself with your cars and pretending to drop Lightening McQueen off at preschool, "have fun and be nice" you tell him as you zoom away.  Play isn't always fun as I hear you repeat the things I say, "Ok go to time out", "Ohh don't talk to me like that" and my famous over dramatic "Ughhhh".  Nothing like a child parroting your every word to keep you in check.  You are starting to get more into pretend and I love watching your imagination grow.  You often tell me of times when you were a dragon and how you used to fly all around.  Or when you were a baby you were a puppy and you were so cute haha.

You love music and to dance.  You are often declaring random dance parties wherever we are.  You have to have your own hymnal at church and attempt to sing along with the congregation.  The other day I thought you were crying while you were supposed to be taking a nap and when I walked in you were just singing your little heart out.

You are very aware of your surroundings and people's feelings.  You pick up right away if someone is mad, sad or happy.  And if they aren't happy it really bothers you and you will ask them if they are happy until they finally give in and choose to be happy, although when this tactic is reversed onto you you aren't as fond of it.

You are a miniature version of your father.  You thrive on routine, you love things to be neat and orderly, you can't stand to have your hands dirty, you love to win, you love sports and you love treats...ok that one is probably a little more like me. But really, you idolize Dad. He is by far your favorite person in this world.  I'm pretty sure your dream day would be to play with Dad all day long without any interruptions.  For about two hours before he comes home each day you start to ask me, "When is Dad coming home?".  Any time I open the door to the garage you come running around the corner, "Dad is that you?".  I'm so grateful that you and your Dad have such a close relationship.  And his love for you amazes me on a daily basis. You don't only love Dad, you love all of your family and talk about all of your aunts, uncles, cousins and grandmas and grandpa often.  If it was up to you they would ALL be invited to dinner every night. I love that you love your family.

Since your brother was born you have become my little helper and a lot more independent.  This wasn't something that came natural to you but you have adapted and grown so much in these areas.  You are almost always willing to put Nixon's pacifier in his mouth, get him a toy or blanket.  If you aren't willing to do it you simply say "no thank you"...at least you are polite about it.  You are great at getting in the car by yourself, going to the bathroom, brushing your teeth, and you've started to have a desire to get dressed by yourself.  All of these things still need supervision but you are definitely entering the "I can do it all by myself" stage.  Which is refreshing and frustrating all at the same time.  Frustrating when your already 30 minute bedtime routine is extended due to you wanting to do everything by yourself, but it is nice that you are learning to be more independent.

I could go on an on.  But this letter is already long enough.  Overall you are an amazing kid, Kash and I'm so proud of you.  I love you to the moon and back (just like Big Nutbrown Hare...even though when I say this you tell me that people don't go to the moon) and each day you make me want to be a better mom--you deserve the best.  You are smart, stubborn, sweet, thoughtful, funny and cool.  You are so awesome for so many reasons.

Happy birthday Bubs!

Oh and hey Kash, love ya. (inside joke...yeah we already have those.)
mom

3 year old stats:
height: 39.25 (75-90%)
weight: .37.2 (75-90%)




 20 questions: answered by Kash Turnbow, 3 years old

1. What is your favorite color? red
2. What is your favorite toy? cars
3. What is your favorite fruit? strawberries
4. What is your favorite tv show? Octonauts
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? PB & J Sandwich 
6. What is your favorite outfit? baseball halloween costume
7. What is your favorite game? soccer
8. What is your favorite snack? granola bar
9. What is your favorite animal? dog
10. What is your favorite song? Bad by Michael Jackson
11. What is your favorite book? letter tracing book
12. Who is your best friend? Elliot
13. What is your favorite cereal? O's
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play
15. What is your favorite drink? juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? my blanket, music, toys, a book...
18. What is your favorite movie? Cars 
19. What is your favorite thing to do? play outside
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? a race car driver




**clearly I need to write letters every 6 months to avoid humongous posts. 

1 comment:

SassAFrass said...

AHH I love this boy!
I personally love that his favorite song is Bad by Michael Jackson. We all know who HIS mom is! :)