Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nixon 4 months

(Nixon turned 4 months old on Jan. 7th)



Nixon,

You are still our happy, smiley baby...as long as I'm holding you!  You lure people in with your smile and bright eyes, this makes them want to hold you. Once you are in their arms your face turns bright red, you get the biggest frowny face in the world and start to cry. After awhile I take you back and you immediately start to smile and laugh.  Little stinker.  You were cured of this stranger/non-mom anxiety for about five days while Grandma Shelley was here for Kash's birthday.  But as soon as she left you went back to your old momma boy ways.  I'm hoping this is just a phase...

This month you have started to grab things.  I can see your thought process as you focus really hard on an object and try to make your hand do what you want it to.

You are also on the verge of rolling over.  You will arch your back in search of your brother or a toy and almost roll over from your back to your stomach.  Speaking of Kash you are still enamored by your big brother.  Anytime he's in the room you watch his every move and even randomly laugh at his crazy antics.  I know you guys were friends before you came to this Earth, I can see it in your eyes the way you watch and love him so much already.

You still aren't sleeping through the night.  You are eating every 3 hours and we haven't started you on any cereal or solids this month. You still spit up a lot but probably not as much as the previous months, I guess you could say it's getting better but it still feels like I'm getting slimmed a lot throughout the day.

You really are a happy, easy baby Nix (as long as I'm the one taking care of you).  I feel blessed each day that I get to stay at home and take care of you, play with you, rock you to sleep and have you by my side.  You've really become my little friend that goes and does everything with me, and most days, I wouldn't have it any other way.  You bring a light and happiness to our house!

We love you Nixon!
Mom & Dad
Always chewing on your hands.

4 month stats:
Weight: 15.63 lbs (50th percentile)
Height: 25.75 in. (75th percentile)

1 comment:

Nerdy Sarah said...

Super cute! your baby's have the greatest smiles i have ever seen on kids!