Friday, April 5, 2013

and so it begins...

Going to our ultrasound appointment to find out the sex of our first baby Blaine was silent the whole drive there.  When the nurse said that our baby was definitely a boy Blaine shouted "YES!!!!!" (fist pump and all).

As a sports fanatic, it's needless to say Blaine has dreamed of the day when his little boy would start playing organized sports. Well his dream came true last Saturday when Kash had his first soccer "practice".  I'm not even sure what to call it because I doubt they will ever play in a real game and it seems more like organized chaos than anything else but it was still awesome to see our little boy out on the field.

Blaine wasn't the only one super excited, I was right there along with him.  While neither one of us love soccer it's the only sport that has a program for 3 year olds. Kash on the other hand loves it and always wants to kick the ball around, so we'll see how far this soccer thing goes. 

And of course in true mom fashion I felt emotional all morning about this!  I can't believe how grown up he is and that he's "playing" sports now.  He did great at listening to his coach and following directions.  I know it's just a little 3 year old league but I was really proud of my little bubs! 


I'm not sure what the point of this exercise in the video below was but Kash seems pretty focused on it.  (cameo made by his best friend Elliot of course)

on Vimeo.



1 comment:

Shelley Jolley said...

I love this. He looks so focused and really good at the ball control. He's going to be the best at all sports I can see it already.