Saturday, June 15, 2013

Nixon 8 months


Oh little Nix you redeemed yourself this month!  Our happy baby returned and we couldn't be happier.  Last month sucked, this month was a lot better.  The only thing I can think of was that you weren't getting enough food.  I know it sounds like neglect, but it wasn't on purpose!  You see, you aren't the biggest eater.  So when it came time to introduce you to solids you liked them just fine but didn't take a huge interested in them.  But after trying everything to make you happy I had a thought that maybe you weren't getting enough to eat during the day since you still weren't sleeping through the night (which by the way you pretty much are now and it's awesome).  I introduced meats into your diet and made sure you at three solid meals in addition to nursing you every 3 hours and it seemed to do the trick.  Again, I'm not 100% sure that this was the original problem but either way you are happy which means the rest of us are happy.

Along with the return of your happy mood you had a million firsts happen this month.  Biggest one...you are crawling!!!  It has made things a little more crazy around our house but you love that you can get where you want to go. And guess who you end up following around the most, yep, your big brother :)  You also started pulling yourself up on furniture and you can go from laying position to sitting position.  Your first tooth also popped through this month.  Now that you are big enough I put you in the big bath all by yourself.  You were always trying to escape the baby bath so it seemed like the right time to transition you.  You LOVE the freedom and all the splashing the big bath allows. All of this happened in about a weeks time and it was a little too much growing up at once for this emotional mama to handle...

Luckily you still love to snuggle and are the sweetest little baby in the world.  I'm holding on to these sweet moments before they are gone! It used to be hard having you be a complete mama's boy, but the other day I was thinking how one day you will be too cool for me and I'll miss the days of you pulling on my pants to have me pick you, crying the minute anyone else holds you and your whole face lighting up when I enter the room.  So for now, I'm perfectly content with being the one that your world revolves around, I know it will only be for a short time.

I love you so much Nixon!  My heart is completely full when I think about you and my love for you.

Love,
mom
This month proved to be the hardest to capture a picture of you.  You are on the move!!!  Almost every single picture I took this month was blurry. 


1 comment:

Katie said...

What a doll! I can't believe how quickly he is growing up!