Friday, July 19, 2013

California Dream Vacation: The Beach

I've been putting this post off for some time now.  One, because it was one of the hardest vacations to leave.  I seriously have never felt so sad to be back home after a vacation as I was after this one.  So I was in no rush to look through all of the pictures and relive our dream vacay.  Two, there's so much to be told about our trip I didn't know where to start. I'm going to break it up into multiple posts, I know lame, but really it's the best I can do as far as having time to blog and go through all the vids and pics.
___________________________________________________________________

The idea of this vacation all started last summer when we went to visit my mom in Wisconsin. Kash saw a commercial for the new Cars ride at Disneyland and said, "I want to do that!!!".  Well, Grandma Shelley didn't blink an eye and responded with, "OK let's do it!".  I just kind of laughed and didn't really think anything of it.  Well neither Kash nor my mom forgot about it.  Kash talked about going to see Lightening McQueen and going to Disneyland all the time...and Grandma Shelley already started the planning!

Don't get me wrong I was never opposed to the idea, HELLO-Disneyland with my whole family is only my dream vacation, I just figured it would never really happen because of all the expenses.  But my mom found a way to make it all work and before I knew it we were on plane to California.  Best. Grandma. Ever. 

The first thing we did once we got settled in was go to the beach.  My mom found an awesome house within walking distance of the ocean.  It was so nice to have an actual house with a kitchen and lots of space for the kids.  Kash even got his own room with toys and an xbox (mind you he doesn't know how to actually play an xbox but he was excited none the less).

Kash was very excited to see the ocean!!  We had talked about it for months and he had seen it on TV so this was definitely one of the things he was most excited to see!  And he loved it, well he loved the beach, he wasn't too fond of the ocean.  He was scared of the waves and very nervous about Blaine going in too deep.  Plus it was pretty freezing.  But every time we weren't at the beach Kash was asking when we were going back. Nixon loved the beach as well.  He surprisingly kept the sand out of his mouth, for the most part, he just liked to pick it up and let it run through his fingers.

It was so nice to relax on the beach and not have a care in the world. It was definitely a favorite from our trip.  Even now, months later, Kash asks to go back to Grandma Shelley's beach house (which is not actually my mom's she just rented it).

balboa island 0003 from Erica Turnbow on Vimeo.


2 comments:

blaine said...

Best trip ever!!

Amy said...

Aw! Looks like so much fun! I had no idea you were from WI! That's where I live. Born & raised!