Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Nixon's 2nd birthday: A Circus Party

It's so cliche but I can hardly believe my little baby Nix is two!  Nixon loves elephants, bears, zebras and most days our home feels like a circus so it seemed like the perfect theme for his 2nd birthday.

Here are the invitations I designed:

This has probably been my favorite party to plan thus far.  It had more of a carnival feel to it but it was still soo fun!  

 For the marquee letters I used the cardboard letters that Michael's sells.  I cut off the front of the letters, spray painted them and drilled holes for the lights to plug in.  This was very time consuming but it looked awesome!!
 I designed little tags for the animal crackers and put coordinating stickers on the cotton candy holders.
 There were a few games for the kids to play.  Once they won they got a ticket and could turn it in for a prize.
There was also face painting.  This was a huge hit!


 And what's a party without a jumpy castle!




 

1 comment:

zerry ht said...

I just loved your theme of party!! Circus party seems interesting actually, and especially I can see how much kid’s enjoyed this theme. Face painting is also an interesting idea for a party!! I am going to include this in party for my little daughter at venues in Los Angeles. I am sure it will be gonna fun for kid’s.