Sunday, June 1, 2008

back from the "road trip"

Here are our some lowlights/highlights of our trip to Utah.

Lets get the worst out of the way...

Lowlights:
•We didn’t go to Utah
•Our car broke down 3.5 hrs into the trip
•It cost us over $500 to repair it
•We slept in our car one night
-It was freezing the night we did that and didn't get any sleep at all
•We missed Baby Claire’s blessing
•We didn’t get to see our friends or family
•A creepy townie wouldn’t leave us alone the night our car broke down. He kept trying us to stay at his friends house or at least come and watch tv if we didn't want to spend the night
•We finally got rid of him and of course he was the first thing we saw when we got up

Highlights:
•We were stranded in a cute little tourist town
•Our car broke down right near an off ramp
•There was a lot to do in the town of Glennwood Springs where we were stranded
•We played mini golf and skeeball (of course Blaine beat me at both)
•They had a cute little downtown, with cute little shops that Blaine let me go in
•It was beautiful, gave Logan a run for it's money
•There was a tram that we went on that took us to the top of the mountain
•While at the top we rode a mile long “roller coaster” type thing that was awesome
•Since we didn’t have a car we had to walk everywhere we went-equaling in some good exercise for the weekend
•At one point Townie John and Blaine we sitting on the hood of our car like they were old friends. It was all I could do to not laugh in this guy's face!!!
•I only cried twice and it was just for a few seconds-Blaine only cried once...JUST KIDDING!
•Shelley helped with the expense of the car
•Our car is now running
•We got home safely
•The fact that everywhere we went people would ask us where we were from…this meant we didn’t fit in with the locals which was great because they were all FREAKS!
•We stumbled upon some awesome little deli’s

Overall we tried to make the best out of our crappy situation and actually ended up having fun. Blaine and I talked about going back there for a family vaca or for our anniversary, we are now big fans of Glennwood Spings! I'm just glad I had Blaine there to keep me laughing and to help me realize the positive in the situation. I wouldn't want to be stranded with anyone else!


8 comments:

kcjaques said...

That's a great story. I was just updating my Colorado weekend. We stayed in Glenwood Springs last years memorial weekend. It is a cute little town. Well, glad your car works.

Bryan + Juli said...

I'm real sad you didn't make it to Utah, but that is an awesome story! hahaha Mainly I loved the town man parts!

Madsens said...

what a fun adventure!

about coming to denver - we will probably be going to the water park on friday the 20th. Nikki doesn't want to go on a saturday, but i reminded her that it will probably be busy both days. Anyway, she will probably go to a rockies game as well while she is there, but i am skipping out on that! If you still have her number, you can get more details - cause you know it is going to be a blast!! We are bringing my two nieces, so it should be good times!

Karen said...

WOW! what a trip! Glenwood springs is a beautiful place! I am glad you were able to make the best of it! Sounds like it was still a good trip! Love you guys!...76 days til i move!! CRAZYNESS

Saydi said...

TRIED COMING TO UT FOR SOME GOOD OLD FASHIONED FRIEND FUN AND INSTEAD YOU RE-DISCOVERED YOUR LOVE FOR LOCAL TOWNIES, AND DATE WEEKENDS! HA! SAD YOU GUYS DID'T MAKE IT ALL THE WAY BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS JUST THE SAME.

The Veticas said...

Erica, I was really sad when I heard about what happened. I was looking forward to seeing you. Well at least you were able to see the good in it. Im glad you and Blaine found a creepy ol'town like logan you could hang out in. I miss you guys. Hope you can come down soon.

The Frandsens said...

Hey Eggs - - We were real sad that we couldn't see you, but we're glad that the trip turned out fun anyway! Jason and I will have to stop there on our way to Denver some time.

Jackie said...

I was real excited when I heard Team Turnbow was coming in town and I'm sorry you broke down! Thats no fun but I'm glad everyone was safe! Miss ya!!!