Wednesday, November 12, 2008

don't sweat the little things and start living your life

I'm currently reading the book The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, in where the author describes his dreams, achievements and life lessons all while being diagnosed with a terminal illness.

I'm not very far in this book but so far it's amazed me at how optimistic Randy is even when he knows he only has a few more months to live. The little things don't matter to him, it's about working hard to achieve your dreams and living your life. Reading this book Randy makes me want to work hard, have dreams, big or small, and achieve them.

"Don’t complain, Just work harder. That’s a picture of Jackie Robinson. It was in his contract not to complain, even when the fans spit on him. You can spend it complaining or playing the game hard. The latter is likely to be more effective." -Randy Pausch

His words are simple but powerful! This book hasn't changed my life but it does make me realize if I want something I just need to work for it. It also puts things into perspective. If someone that is going to die in the next few months can have such a positive attitude towards life, why can't I?

2 comments:

Quinn and Linds said...

Thats a great book. I met him before he died and got an autographed copy...he was a very down to earth guy.

Karen said...

you should let me borrow that book! :-) I will be home in 11 days! :-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!