Sunday, May 11, 2008

we are daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us...

"President Gordon B. Hinckley stated that “God planted within women something divine.” That something is the gift and the gifts of motherhood. Elder Matthew Cowley taught that “men have to have something given to them [in mortality] to make them saviors of men, but not mothers, not women. [They] are born with an inherent right, an inherent authority, to be the saviors of human souls … and the regenerating force in the lives of God’s children.” -Are We Not All Mothers?, a talk given by Sheri Dew

I've always had something inside me, my divine nature, to be a mother. In high school some of my friends would often talk about how they never wanted kids, every time I heard that it would break my heart. I couldn't imagine thinking that I would never be a mother. And although I'm not a mother yet my heart is overwhelmed today when I think about all the women in my life that have played the role of mother to me. From my own mother Shelley, and all the sacrifices she has made for me and the unconditional love she has for me, to my grandma (Muttie), Stacee and Stephanie who have all taken me into their homes and loved me as if I was their own daughter. Each one of them has been a strong example of what a mother should be and I have taken the best of each of them and hopefully can apply their strengths when raising my own children some day!

Also to Blaine's mom, Marilyn...she's an amazing mother! She is always putting herself last and her family first to make sure everyone is happy and taken care of. I'm so blessed to have married into such a great family and to have Marilyn as a mother-in-law.

Women are amazing and what a gift it is to have mothers in our lives or to be mothers ourselves! To all women...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: