Wednesday, January 14, 2009

living in a tundra?

To my dear family in Montana. It's ridiculously cold where you are. I remember those days at the bus stop when my hair and boogers would freeze, it was miserable. To those friends and family that are in Chicago...I am also sorry for the cold spell over your windy city. It was in that special (and by special I mean no matter what time of year the weather sucks) state that doctors diagnosed me with chronic bronchitis. Weird how once I moved out of Illinois it cleared up. Or even my dear friends in freezing Logan, UT, unfortunately your sub-zero temps have not made the news. That would be like reporting that it's cold in Antarctica...duh!

So what are you going to do to keep warm during these long cold months? Have no fear my dear friends and family, no matter what cold state you live in, I have a solution to your winter blues...The Snuggie! That's right, it's the blanket with sleeves. "Blankets are OK but they can slip and slide, plus your hands are trapped inside." Now you can read a book, hold your baby or even knit without having to worry about your blanket falling off or your arms getting cold.The Snuggie also doubles during those romantic role-playing nights when you want to pretend to be a sexy Jedi or part of the Gryffindor house.

Blaine keeps threatening to buy me one. So think how disappointed I was come Christmas morning when I didn't get my very own Snuggie!

5 comments:

Luke and Katie said...

I'm not kidding when I say that Luke and I were just talking about this thing!! It has been on our tv SEVERAL times over the past few weeks and it reminds us of the KKK wardrobe...seriously creepy!! (Ok, it's also hilarious...)

Saydi said...

Oh WOW! This is what I SHOULD have gotten you. If i had only known

Luke & Natalie said...

Oh my goodness Erica! Remember our good old days at ICON? I found you on Kim Lott's blog. How the heck are you? I miss talking about The OC with you. There are few of us OCers. Anyway, it looks like you guys are doing good. Check us out at lukeandnatalie.blogspot.com

Marques said...

THIS IS THE DUMBEST PRODUCT EVER CREATED!!!!!! The part of the commercial where the family wheres the Snuggies at a "sporting event" is what pushes me over the edge. If I was some kid whose family wore Snuggies to watch me play sports, I would tell them to leave. :)

erica said...

Really Marques? Because I totally picture your family being a Snuggie fam!