Friday, March 12, 2010

it's that time of year...

No, not that time of year where the Mormon girl participates in Lent, actually quite the opposite (I decided lent would just be too hard for me to handle this year). It's March which means Easter candy is on the shelves of every grocery store=MINI CADBURY EGGS! I'm obsessed with these little gems. Blaine surprised me with flowers and a bag of eggs the other day and I'm pretty sure I ate the entire bag in one day. And today someone mentioned Cadbury Eggs and now I can't get them off my mind.

I've always had a pretty bad sweet tooth but when I was pregnant I was so sick I didn't really want to eat anything-not even treats! But now that Kash is here I think my body is trying to make up for 9 months without treats because I can't get enough sugar these days! It's pretty bad and Cadbury Eggs are my drug of choice.

Way to go Easter for having the best candy of all the holidays: malted robin's eggs, peeps, reeses peanut butter cup eggs (the ones in the yellow package), easter shaped sweet tarts, bubble gum egg carton (aww these always remind me of my Muttie), etc.

Oh man I think I'm going to have to make an Easter candy run stat!

4 comments:

Dennis &Tara Larson said...

Oh I love the reeses chocolate eggs. Have you had the reese's eggs yet? They look like little hard pastel eggs but there are a yummy peanut buttery filling.I discovered these suckers at Relief Society bday party lastnight. GO GET SOME!!!!

Phaedra said...

I bought a bag of Cadbury mini eggs a couple of days ago and they are now gone!

Lu said...

I just can't get over the part of you taking on Lent. bbababahahahahahahahah!

Bryan + Juli said...

Speaking of Easter candy remember when we came to visit last year after Easter and witnessed the HUGE baskets your mother in law made for your guys... BEST BASKETS EVER!But my favorite was how you and Blaine kept yours separate and didn't share! hahahahaha Easter with the Turnbows is hard core hope Kash is ready!