Thursday, June 21, 2012

heat rash, chicken pocks, etc.???

Since this blog has turned into Kash's virtual scrapbook I figured it was necessary to document his latest ailment...a staph infection!

After we got home from our trip on Monday I noticed a few bumps but didn't think much about it because it was really hot and I figured it was just heat rash since it was on the back of his knees where you normally sweat.  Then on Tuesday after his bath I was rubbing lotion on his legs and could feel a lot more bumps then I could see.  Wednesday I called the doctor and they suggested a few topical solutions.  But by Thursday it wasn't better and had spread up and down his legs to his feet and even on his hands and elbows. So I took him in and the doctor said it as a staph infection.  Yuck!  Even though staph infections can become serious I was just grateful she didn't say he had the chicken pocks.  Since I had a very mild case as a child I wasn't up for round two of chicken pocks/shingles while pregnant.

Luckily (hopefully) the antibiotic the doctor prescribed will clear up these bumps and he'll be back to normal in a few days.  Meanwhile we are quarantined to the house.  Super fun.

poor bubs!  


2 comments:

centauri said...

That is so sad. Hope they go away soon and the antibiotic works. The hardest part will be the stay at home part. Good luck with everything. Love to all

centauri said...

That is so sad. Hope they go away soon and the antibiotic works. The hardest part will be the stay at home part. Good luck with everything. Love to all