Monday, February 25, 2008

home again home again jiggity jig

This weekend we made the trek to Utah to see our new niece blessed. And oh what a blessing she is. Its funny how everyone can be so entertained with a little person that sleeps all day...but we sure were. Jocelyn was so cute and I'm glad we had the opportunity to be there. While in the promise land we also visted lots of our old friends and family. We saw the Dewey's and Sayward. I love how comfortable old friends are. I miss that in my daily life. I love that we are still such close friends! We also showed Karen around USU. I felt very nostalgic walking on the wintry campus. Things have changed. I remember walking from class to class saying hi to tons of people in passing...this time people were just young strangers. It was good to be back, Blaine and I miss Logan very much. When we had made the decision to leave Logan and come to Colorado I was so ready to go. I thought of how great it would be to live in a big town again, have more job opportunities and start a new adventure. While I do like Colorado, this weekend I realized how much Logan had to offer too. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the grass isn't always greener on the other side and you should appreciate your life how it is instead of always trying to change it. It was a good trip though. We had a lot of fun and it was good to see Joy, Jason and their new baby Jocelyn.


Once the blessing was over we headed back to Colorado. To our surprise this ended up being quite the unexpected adventure. As we headed up Parley's Canyon we slowly came to a stop as the snow continued to fall. At first we thought there must have been a bad accident...turns out there were like 30 bad accidents. As soon as we got to the summit we found out they had closed the road. Whew! We had made it! The roads weren't as bad once we passed Park City but it still wasn't "favorable" driving conditions. So we are almost home and we find out the main highway (I80) was closed. Mind you we should have been home by now. Thanks to Tom(Tom) we re-navigated and were on our way once again. Only this time it was the road to death! We were on a one lane, ice highway. I don't think I've ever been more scared on a road trip in my whole life. I was just waiting for our car to slide out of Blaine's control and into a ditch. Well thankfully that didn't happen. Blaine did a good job! Needless to say we {car included} made it home in one piece. So over all it was an eventful trip. We miss Utah and can't wait to get back...but next time we aren't traveling in the winter!

5 comments:

The Frandsens said...

Wow! Sorry the drive home was so bad! I'm glad that you guys got home safely! Thanks again for coming we loved having you guys here and it was WAY sad when you left. Hopefully we will come and see you soon! Love you!

erica said...

oh the trip was definitely worth the drive!!! It was so good to see you guys and we miss you alread!

Rachel and Tyler said...

what? no mentionn of any deer hitting?

erica said...

OH YES! Rachel/Tyler? made a comment on my blog! haha I know I realized I forgot to tell everyone that the drive there was just as exciting!

Karen said...

EGGS! i need your help making my blog look cool and stuff, mine is still so so lame!! :-) and p.s. we need to swap some pictures!