Friday, August 13, 2010

is it sunday yet?

Remember how Blaine has been in the Uinta Mountains hiking, fishing, and doing man things with the boys in his family this week?  Well, I can't tell you how excited I am that this week is almost over and that he'll be home soon. 

This week has made me realize how much Blaine does for our family!  I pride our marriage on the fact that we are a team and share all of the duties it takes to make our family function.  But, I think I've been taking it for granted that Blaine takes Kash to grandma's every morning, does our laundry every Tuesday, cleans the house, holds Kash while I go to the bathroom, makes our bed every day, takes out Kash's dirty diapers, picks up milk on the way home from work...I could go on and on.  Not to mention there isn't as much laughter in the house with him gone.  Mostly by Kash, I just can't get him to laugh the way Blaine can.  I guess distance really does make the heart grow fonder.

How do single moms do it???

But, Blaine totally deserves this trip!  He's been working so hard with Lights of the Rockies the last 3 years and works so hard to make our home a happy, livable place (yeah I'm a slacker wife...).  I love you Blaine and want you to have fun, but just get home soon your family misses you!!!!!!
(Blaine being awesome with our neice and nephew)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Aww. What a good brother I have! I am so glad he treats you so well! I am so glad you're in our family! I am sure that Blaine misses you and Kash! I love you!

The Veticas said...

I totally get what you are talking about. Dustin has been in Seattle this week and I am doing it all myself. Im exhausted, my patience have been worn thin, and I dont know how single moms do it either. hang in there Mama Erica

Bryan + Juli said...

Glad Turney is getting some mountain man time in the wilderness of Utah... let's just hope he doesn't grow a mountain man beard! haha Ok maybe on second thought that would be awesomely funny! Also it makes me happy he's still keeping up his stellar cleaning routine you guys are such a great team and Kash is one lucky kiddo to be a part of your family!