Friday, July 20, 2012

32 weeks

It's mid July and I've survived pregnancy so far, emphasis on the word survive.  This pregnancy has been much harder the last trimester compared to Kash and I think it's solely based on the fact that it's summer and it's hot, I feel like I'm going to pass out ever time I step outside...literally!

I wish I had documented more of my symptoms from the first pregnancy so I could compare and not go off of memory alone but it seems as if I get a lot less sleep, my body hurts a lot more and I have Braxton Hicks just about every time I blink...and they are starting to hurt.  My feet have started to swell and my hands are about as veiny as they can get.  It's funny because I don't realize the swelling as much since I've been wearing sandals 24/7 but I tried to shove my swollen sausages into a pair of flats the other day and there was no way my feet were going to fit in them.

At my last check up my blood tests showed that I'm a little bit anemic again with this pregnancy, my levels aren't as low as they were with Kash though.  I told the doctor that I knew my iron was low because I've been craving ice like I did before.  Popcicles and Sonic ice are sufficing the cravings.  Other than that it's been so hot that I really don't want to eat anything else but popcicles and cereal (don't worry I do eat other things than that...but if those two things gave me all the nutrients I needed I probably wouldn't eat anything else!)

I sometimes get away with non-maternity pants but they are definitely less comfortable than the stretch waist band that maternity clothes provide you with.  Luckily my sweet sister-in-law Joy let me borrow a bunch of maternity shorts and you can find me in the black pair pictured above and a white version of them just about every other day of the week.  

Despite all of the extra pains joys summer has brought to this pregnancy I still do enjoy every little kick I feel, every little hiccup (boy does this baby get the hiccups a lot...probably every day!) and watching my entire stomach move from side to side.  My "gut" still tells me this is going to be a big baby like his brother.  My doctor agrees and will do a 36 week ultra sound to see just how big this baby is and if she'll induce me early based on his weight then.  

So only 8 maybe 7 weeks left, so close yet so far away.  But at this point I think about my new little baby every day...what color of hair he'll have, what his temperament will be like, if he'll fit into newborn diapers or if I should just start stocking up on the next size, if his labor will be as traumatic as his brother's and how we'll all adjust to this new little spirit in our home.  I get more and more excited each day to meet him!

Pregnant with Kash at 32 weeks.

3 comments:

centauri said...

You look so cute. I know you don't feel good all the time, but you know it will be so worth it. I always loved being pregnant. It is such a miracle. We wish you the best and are anxious for you to deliver this sweet spirit. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love you guys

centauri said...

You look so cute. I know you don't feel good all the time, but you know it will be so worth it. I always loved being pregnant. It is such a miracle. We wish you the best and are anxious for you to deliver this sweet spirit. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love you guys

SassAFrass said...

You look so pretty E! I know you are dying in this summer heat but you look so good. I am loving the long locks and cute prego outfits. Can't wait to see this little guy as well. I already feel a special bond with him. "freedom"!