Thursday, June 6, 2013

classy girls weekend 2013

for the record the record there's not much classiness going on during our weekends together...
It had been too long since I had a "classy girls weekend" with my besties.  Sayward has been through a lot lately with Ascher being sick and twins on the way that Juli and I thought a bestie visit was in order.  So I packed up Nix and we headed to sunny Arizona in April.

Juli and I wanted to surprise Sayward with a baby shower but got a tip from her husband that a girls weekend might be more up her ally.  And since she was the women of the weekend we wanted to please her, and we are always up for some low key girl time!

sayward's surprise from Erica Turnbow on Vimeo.

Needless to say from her reaction on the video she was surprised!  It was a great weekend.  I loved being able to just hang out with my girls.  We did some crafting, ate ice cream, stayed up waaayyy too late, stalked people we don't know on Instagram, talked about our favorite blogs and about mom things, went on walks and pretty much just enjoyed every second together.  I feel so lucky and blessed to have found two best friends who understand and get me so well!  We have definitely had our ups and downs, like any real relationship has, but our friendship has endured arguments, 100's of miles apart, marriages, babies and more.  I'm so happy these girls are still in my life on a daily basis!

So when's the next Classy Girls Weekend???  I'm ready!

Best of luck Smelly who is actually going to lose about 12 lbs as she delivers those sweet babies today!  You are in our prayers, and I can't wait to meet those little girls of yours! 

1 comment:

cablotter said...

Oh my goodness I love this so much! Don't worry, Aschr made me watch the surprised Mommy video at least 10 times. He thought it was so funny for some reason. Seriously such a fun weekend. Can't wait till the next one. Hopefully it won't be too long from now.