Saturday, July 13, 2013

Eggs is Freakin Awesome! Happy Birthday!



This is my inaugural post, so I apologize in advance because I have no idea what I'm doing!! (I didn't even know how to do a new post...I had to wait for Eggs to leave for a minute and luckily she left herself signed-on ha!)

I have loved Eggs for a long time (if you didn't already know, Eggs is Erica's nickname) but each year that goes by I realize I love her even more and for so many different reasons.  She still makes me laugh all the time (although I would laugh a whole lot more if she still had her Chicago-accent) and she's as beautiful as ever (I definitely married way over my pay-grade) but as we have started a family together I realize there are so many other attributes she has that I've grown to love deeply.

I always knew that Eggs would be a great mom, but I guess I didn't realize how great until she WAS a mom. I used to think I was good under pressure...I guess I had never experienced the pressure of changing a diaper and having both pee and poo fired at you at the same time.  I crumbled...luckily Eggs was there to save the day.  I didn't really know how to handle the first time Kash threw up in the middle of the night either...I totally froze and Eggs saves the day again.  I didn't really know how to deal with the bumps and scrapes that are inevitable with children, but Eggs always swoops in to kiss ouchies and wipe away tears.  I would be train-wreck as a single parent, but Eggs has taught me so much about what being a dad is.  Thanks for being my teammate Eggso, I couldn't do it without you!

Not only is Eggs a great mom, but she's also an amazing wife.  I'm usually involved in some sort of extracurricular activity: golf, running, softball or basketball.  Eggs always makes time to come and support me and cheer me on.  I always feel so blessed to have my family there rooting me on...they always make me feel like I'm famous, it's awesome!  I usually don't get home from work until 6:30 or 7:00 and she always has dinner ready for me (Eggs is an terrific cook) when I walk in the door.  She's had to sacrifice a lot the last few years as we've started a new business but she has never complained and always supports me.

Eggs always tells me I'm not good at vocalizing my emotions/feelings, so here goes nothing!  I love ya Eggs, thanks for putting up with me and thanks for being the best wife/mother a guy could ask for.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!


2 comments:

erica said...

Oh my goodness! Best birthday present ever, I never in a million years imagined you expressing your feelings publicly like this, Blaine! thank you so much! I LOVE YOU!!!

Bdayo.Com said...

Happy Birthday to you! Are you finding free birthday gifts and deals? Try it! It's totally Free! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!