Friday, February 27, 2009

i'm the worst catholic ever...

...maybe that's because I'm Mormon!

Dang, no one told me lent started on Wednesday, I'm two days behind! I've been waiting all year for it to come and it just starts with out me?!?!

I know right, what sane person wants to give up something they love for 40 days, when they don't really need to??? I don't know I'm weird!

Remember last year when I gave up celebs for lent and remember how hard it was for me? Well this year I've upped the ante, I'm giving up treats! You know--candy, cake, cookies, ice cream pretty much everything I live off of! And I didn't even get to stuff my face last night with sugar because I didn't realize lent had started till today. That's like doing a surprise attack on a crackhead and throwing him into rehab. He didn't even get one last hit, and neither did I!

Maybe you don't think this is that big of deal. Well then you don't know how many "treats" I consume in one day. I have the biggest sweet tooth ever, as my dentist will tell you with a frown. This is going to be freakin hard! But I'm starting today so wish me luck. Good thing Blaine and I finished off those cake cookies last night, I don't need any delicious temptation like that around the house.

*in no way do I mean disrespect to the Catholic religion. I think lent is a great idea and I love the meaning behind it. Also I am a good Mormon girl despite my rants about lent and drug addicts!

No comments: